News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Obi attendant when using app. Need some direction...

Started by swimman, December 17, 2013, 07:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swimman

About a month ago I reconfigured the Obi202 by adding two Callcentric accounts and had some issues which were resolved after a couple of posts to the forum.  I just found another issue in that when I use the ObiON app and go to my 202, I no longer get the attendant.  Instead, the call goes directly to line 2 on the 202 (which is my home phone - line 1 is business).

What settings do I need to look at on the web browser to get the attendant to answer the call from the Obi app?  I'm not expert at managing the Obi but can get around the browser fairly easily.  I just need to know where to look.  Thanks.

giqcass

I don't use the web portal but I think the Obion number must be added to your Circle or trust.  Otherwise you would alter your inbound callroute for Obitalk.  Where xxxxxxxxx is your Obion number.
{(xxxxxxxxx)>:AA},{ph,ph2}
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

Normally, if you configure your softphone with your OBi device number as its gateway from your OBi Dashboard, then OBiTALK will automatically put your softphone number in your Circle of Trust. However, it does not list it there! You should see something like this:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{290111111>(xx.):pli},{290111111:aa},{ph,ph2}

"pli" will actually be whichever service is your Primary Line. This means that if you dial any digits, then they will be sent out of your Primary Line; if you dial no digits the call will go to the Auto Attendant.

The InboundCallRoute can be made to be much more flexible, but that's for another post.