News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant frustration

Started by Hortoristic, August 30, 2012, 03:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

I have an existing post for this - but either people are sick of looking at it or really there is no solution - so I didn't the bad thing and reposted it here.

I have a DID in Vancouver, Canada area that my daughter uses like a calling card.  She calls the DID on SP2, my auto attendant in Seattle answers and she types in PIN and calls anywhere in north America with my GV number on SP1.

The DID is in SP2 and right now my SP2 -> X_InboundCallRoute = {AA}.  So all calls coming into SP2 get the AA.  For some reason all calls from the hospital she is in, shows as anonymous - which might be ok - but I also have other DID's on SP2 like our family in the UK, and another DID for my E911 - so whenever they call, they too get the AA - and have to press #1 to ring through.

The Obi web interface shows this below, yet whenever I try to put anonymous into the X_InboundCallRoute settings, the AA will no longer answer.  It does work if I put my cell number in it though.

This is what Obi web interface shows:
Terminal ID: SP2
Peer Name: Canada Anonymous
Peer Number: anonymous

Doing either of these in voice sp2-X_InboundCallRoute won't make AA answer, the phone just rings:
{(anonymous):aa},{ph}
or:
{(Canada Anonymous):aa},{ph}

However; using just {aa}, then the AA does answer – but for every DID I have on SP2. 

What else might I try?

QBZappy

Hortoristic,

Quote from: Hortoristic on August 30, 2012, 03:50:55 PM
This is what Obi web interface shows:
Terminal ID: SP2
Peer Name: Canada Anonymous

Doing either of these in voice sp2-X_InboundCallRoute won't make AA answer, the phone just rings:
{(anonymous):aa},{ph}
or:
{(Canada Anonymous):aa},{ph}

Try variations which include the "?". What CID number do you get on your cell?
{(anony?):aa},{ph}
{(?nony?):aa},{ph}
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hortoristic

Isn't what really is important is what the call history is reporting?  On local web portal the peer number is showing:

So isn't that the CID the Obi is getting?

I will try your suggestions.

jimates

even though the Obi sees "anonymous", the callroute rules may not be able to process anything that is not a number.

I would present that possibility to Obihai support and see what they say.

ianobi

Hortoristic,

I think I have a solution for you, but I would like someone else (Obihai Support?) to explain it to me.

I simulated the conditions you describe using PhonerLite to be the calling party, calling into sp2 on my Obi110. PhonerLite is the best test tool I know!

Here are my results: X_InboundCallRoute followed by result.

{(?):aa},{ph} Peer Number blank routes to aa. All other numbers routes to ph.

{(anonymous):aa},{ph} All calls including Peer Number "anonymous" route to ph.

{(anon@@.):aa},{ph} Peer Number "anonymous" and any Peer Number starting "anon" routes to aa. All other numbers routes to ph.

{(anonymous@@.):aa},{ph} All calls including Peer Number "anonymous" route to ph.

{(?|anon@@.):aa},{ph} Peer Number blank routes to aa, Peer Number "anonymous" and any Peer Number starting "anon" routes to aa. All other numbers routes to ph. This should solve your problem!

My problem:

I tried to replicate the problem using different letters instead of "anon" and I could not replicate the same results:

{(strange):aa},{ph} All calls including Peer Number "strange" route to ph.

{(stra@@.):aa},{ph} All calls including Peer Number "strange" route to ph.

azrobert

Do you receive CallerID for the other DID's?

If yes, route those to PH and default everything else to the AA.

{(xx.):ph},{aa}

ianobi

I now have the complete answer  :)

{(?|anon@@.):aa},{ph} Peer Number blank routes to aa, Peer Number "anonymous" and any Peer Number starting "anon" routes to aa. All other numbers routes to ph. This is a good solution to the problem.

The reason my other attempts failed is because "anonymous" and "strange" and "stra" all contained reserved letters - in this case "m" and/or "s". putting single quotes around them fixes this. So:

{(?|anony'm'ou's'):aa},{ph} also works.

@jimates - another observation from cutting and pasting. I tried pasting anony'm'ou's' from a word doc and it did not work. letters work fine, but punctuation marks don't for some reason. Typing direct into the OBi X_InboundCallRoute  worked fine. That's two times I have been caught that way!

QBZappy

ianobi,
Quote from: ianobi on August 31, 2012, 08:42:47 AM
The reason my other attempts failed is because "anonymous" and "strange" and "stra" all contained reserved letters - in this case "m" and/or "s". putting single quotes around them fixes this. So:

{(?|anony'm'ou's'):aa},{ph} also works.

Indeed reserved letters has come up before. Nice work. Just for curiosity, in what context are these reserved letters used?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

ianobi

That's a good question! m, M, s, S, x, X are the letters quoted on page 183 of the latest AdminGuide. I can only really see "x" being relevant to InboundCallRoute.

Hortoristic

Pretty genious of you!

So it this right - any number beginning with 1604, blank or begins with "anon" will go to AA?

{(1604xxxxxxx|?|anon@@.):aa},{ph}

ianobi

Yep, that looks good so long as it's 1604 followed by seven digits. 1604xx. will also work.

Let us know how it works out. "Reserved letters" was mentioned a long time ago by RonR, but we had all forgotten about them! This problem has served as a useful reminder.

Hortoristic

Where the heck is RonR - he win the lottery?

ianobi

There is a whole thread devoted to the subject of "Where is RonR"  :)

QBZappy

ianobi,

Upper and lower case reserved for these special cases: I think these are used in the following context.
Msp1 <- user defined digimap
S4 <- delay in seconds
x or X in the dialplan and in/outbound call routes

Lavarock7

Quote from: ianobi on August 31, 2012, 08:42:47 AM
I tried pasting anony'm'ou's' from a word doc and it did not work. letters work fine, but punctuation marks don't for some reason. Typing direct into the OBi X_InboundCallRoute  worked fine.

You may have been hit with the same problem I did when using Word to spellcheck and them posting a blog entry.

Word converts some apostrophys and forward and backward single quotes.

Try copying the entry you have in the Obi to NOTEPAD and then paste it back into Obi and see if it takes it now.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

ianobi

@ QBZappy
I thought the same, but it's not logical - why is "p" not reserved as it is used in "Msp"!

@ Lavarock7
Yes, I'm sure you are correct on the apostrophy thing. I'll do more tests later. I'm sure in the past I have found some fonts work better than others! Notepad is probably a better bet, as it's too simple to change things around.

QBZappy

ianobi,
It think anything after the "M" in the Msp will be ignored, otherwise all other User defined digimaps would need to be considered as well. The "s" in the Msp is not used in the same way as the S in seconds delayed.

ianobi

QBZappy,

You must be right as we have Msp, Mvg, Mtg, Mli etc etc. Otherwise half the alphabet would need to be "reserved". Just when you think you know what you are doing ......  :)