News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phones ring with a short ring and some calls cannot call in

Started by newobi, August 31, 2012, 04:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newobi

I'm in the US and I have the OBi110 and previously CallCentric E911 Pay per Call.  Yesterday I found about CallCentric's free NY # and CNAM.   So I ordered and made the change to forward to my new NY #.   The only other change is I updated the firmware on the OBi110 when I logged in and saw there was an update.

A couple problems surfaced, one is my phones now ring with two short rings.  Instead of the normal single ring and pause, it's ring ring pause.  I don't know how this happened, I don't recall changing anything associated with ring or tones.  

Another issue I discovered is when I call my GV # on one of my cell phones, it does not get forwarded from GV to my NY #.  I get a GV message asking for a pin.  Basically, going straight to Google Voicemail?  On the same cell phone, if I dial the NY # direct, it goes through.  None of my other cell phones experience this issue.

Any ideas on why either of these are happening?

newobi

Just replying to myself.  :)

I solved the issue of my cell phone not being able to call into the GV #.  Now it's just the unusual ring sequence, which even if I can't resolve, it's minor enough, I can live with.

QBZappy

What are your settings here:
Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port
Ringer
Parameter Name   
RingFrequency   
RingVoltage      
RingWaveform

and here:
Ring Settings
    Ring Profile A/B
Ring Pattern 1
Parameter Name   
RingName      
RingPattern
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

newobi

Quote from: QBZappy on August 31, 2012, 07:53:14 PM
What are your settings here:

Physical Interfaces
    PHONE Port
Ringer
Parameter Name   
RingFrequency 20   
RingVoltage 70      
RingWaveform Sinusoidal

Ring Settings
    Ring Profile A/B
Ring Pattern 1
Parameter Name   
RingName Bellcore-dr1/Bellcore-dr1      
RingPattern 60;(2+4)/60;(.4+.2,.4+2)

Thanks for the heads up, I changed the Ring Profile B>RingPattern to match A and now it rings like before.  I guess when I added the NY # as the forwarding #, it used the B RingPattern?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.