News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where the cheap outgoing call providers

Started by Hortoristic, August 30, 2012, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

So I know GV is free now - but that can change - looks like there are plenty of free incoming DID's, and even found links to where the best incoming free DID's are - but where's the links to the best deals for outgoing calls - if/when GV starts charging? 

Seems most inside USA calls are cheaper than calling UK or other countries.

N7AS

Localphone.com is $0.005 per minute for US calls. UK is $0.01 per minute. US DIDs are $0.99 per month. Call quality is very good.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

rsriram22

Am on the same bandwagon.. Looking for cheap call providers ( as i cannot port my landline to GV). so i thought of a hybrid approach..

-- Use anveo for incoming (unlimited free),E911 on SP2
-- Use GV with an account not registered in GV on SP1 for outgoing (this way my caller ID will be some 706-xxx-8888) number - they recipients cannot call back on this # as it does not exist!

have two 100s and one 110

rsriram22

i pulled the trigger on anveo finally. it's pretty good for the last day and a half or so. i took a temporary number so i can test the quality etc before i can actually port my landline..

here is what i have spent so far on the anveo account:

31-Aug-2012 19:03:35   CallerID/'Phone number' Confirmation   -$0.010         Phone Number Confirmation:+1nnnnnnnnnn
31-Aug-2012 18:29:31   E911 Address   -$0.800         E911 Address Renewal: 'home' through 30-Sep-2012
31-Aug-2012 18:07:02   Phone Number subscription   -$0.970        +1xxxxxxxxxx - 1st Month prorated
31-Aug-2012 18:07:02   Phone Number subscription   $0.000        +1xxxxxxxxxx - Setup
31-Aug-2012 18:05:57   Prepaid deposit   $10.000         Payment via Google Checkout
31-Aug-2012 16:31:50   Anveo.com subscription   $0.000         Subscription payment for 'FREE' plan

the best part is  i have forwarded all my vonage calls to this # and for outgoing calls (1c a minute), i have set the caller id to be my landline (there is a cool feature where we can make any number to be displayed as outgoing # in anveo... once the number is entered, anveo will call that number to 'verify' and we need to enter a 4 digit code to 'verify' that we have that number and that's it)..

very cool i'd say..and configuring all of this on obi100 was very very easy... (i also have GV on SP1 so that at a later date i can route my outgoing calls on SP1..).. For GV, I have a google account that is not registered with GV.. So all outgoing calls will have some number starting with 7 that people cannot callback....

carl

Localphone rocks. If you have a high volume of international; calls, you can also try Localphone affiliate Voxbeam.
I use 1. Google voice- 2 accounts ,domestic calls
        2. Localphone  most international calls, Us and foreign DID
        3 .Callcentric with free NYC DID for 911 service, some international calls, calls where I need features   
                           like 3 and 4 way calling and/ or superior call quality       

rsriram22

localphone seems like a good deal. wish i could port my number to it..  i did not find any help related to porting on their site..

today i got a mail from anveo saying that they do not have presence in my 'switch center' and so they cannot port my number..

crazyk4952

I have used voip.ms for the past few years and I am happy with them. Their rates are very competitive (you can look them up here: http://www.voip.ms/rates.php). I find their web interface easy to use and they offer many features without an additional charge.

Callcentric is also another good choice. Their rates are more than voip.ms, but they have a reputation for being the most reliable voip provider.

carl

@rsriram2 : You can usually port with Localphone. It is $ 25.- . Contact their customer service and they  will help you.

rsriram22

edit--  never mind, localphone got back to me saying they cannot port my number. so it's a no go.. i am now leaning towards axvoice. they have a 8.95/mo unlimited US incoming/outgoing vs callcentric @ about 13/mo..

thanks @carl. i shall contact them.. meanwhile do you know what their incoming rates are (for US based # that is).. outgoing rates seem to be 1/2 cent a minute for US numbers..don't know about incoming rates..

N7AS

Localphone is free incoming, outbund 1/2 cent. Outbound toll free calls (800,855, 866, 877 and 888) are free.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

carl

You do pay for the DID though, it's 99c/month for US numbers.

dircom

Quote from: carl on September 01, 2012, 07:55:21 PM
Localphone rocks. If you have a high volume of international; calls, you can also try Localphone affiliate Voxbeam.
I use 1. Google voice- 2 accounts ,domestic calls
        2. Localphone  most international calls, Us and foreign DID
        3 .Callcentric with free NYC DID for 911 service, some international calls, calls where I need features   
                           like 3 and 4 way calling and/ or superior call quality       

How much does the "free" callcentric NYC DID cost per month? 

carl

$ 0.00/month plus$ 1.50/month  911 charge if you have a US or CAN address.

Lavarock7

Voip.Ms is offering free porting.

---

March 21, 2013, 2:09 pm

Free Porting for USA: Local and Toll-Free Numbers

We're offering free porting for your US local and USA toll-free numbers until May 15th. Simply login to the customer portal and select DID Numbers -> DID Portability. There are no pre-requisites required other than to have a positive balance in your account.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com