News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

not getting any calls

Started by doodles, August 31, 2012, 06:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doodles

obi110- i can make calls but cannot receive anything, when someone calls, after a series of rings it goes to voicemail.

I have google chat checked and have been searching forums but can't find a fix

please help!

QBZappy

doodles,

Welcome.

Does the call show in the call history? If so you may need to verify if the {ph} is in the inbound call route of what ever SPx the call is coming in on.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

doodles

yup, all calls are showing in history, and yup i'm a newbie, can you explain how to verify the inbound call route?

doodles

oh, i think i figured out what you meant and yes, sp1 xInboundCallRoute has ph listed

QBZappy

doodles,

If it is in the call history and the {ph} is referenced in the inbound call route, the phone should be ringing. Have a look at the phone. Make sure the phone cable ends are properly inserted, and that the phone is in good order. (batteries, anything else you can think of). Perhaps try another regular analogue phone.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

doodles

yep, it calls out just fine, quality is awesome might i add, i have other people try to call me too, and no luck there, i plug it into my reg phone line (that hopefully i can shut off soon) and it works, plug back into obi and calls out but no calls coming in. 

also, i updated obi software, i've logged out of google, gmail, chat, etc. i think i've checked all settings and they're good, i've tried all the other suggestions in other posts but no luck,

anything else you can think of??

can you just come to my house and fix this!!! hahaha

QBZappy

doodles,

If I go there you'll need to have some beer.

Silly question, is the phone ringer volume on max?

doodles

i have tequilla!! lol

yeah the ringer is up plus it's a phone with built in answering machine that picks up after four rings, and calls bypass it and go to google voice, when i plug it back into regular landline it works, i keep thinking i have a setting in either obi or google that's wrong but i dunno....

QBZappy

doodles,

1) Did you put a check mark in Chat in the GV settings? This will send calls to the OBi.

doodles

yup, did that, i should try calling obi number but not real clear on how to get that goin, was thinkin i would hafta call from another obi account ?? i'm clueless here

QBZappy

Did you make your obligatory 1st call with GTALK client via the computer?

doodles

yes i did, oh and one minor correction (hopefully minor) i have obi100 NOT obi110 like i listed

QBZappy

QBZappy

Can we have a look at the inbound call route that the call is coming in on?

doodles

yup, i'm ok with that, how do i get that to you?

QBZappy

Quote from: QBZappy on August 31, 2012, 09:21:41 PM
Can we have a look at the inbound call route that the call is coming in on?

Are we talking about this?

doodles

haha, yeah, i'm wondering if you want to physically see it, or if you just want me to look at it?? I could just post it here, but i suppose everyone would see the numbers....

QBZappy

Change the tel numbers if you have any there, but keep the format as it is.

jimates

Doodles,

Even though you can still log into your google account (and access your gmail account) using your @yahoo credentials, you must use your @gmail credentials on the Obi. Are you using your @gmail or @yahoo log in?

For readers, this post contains response to info from a PM.

doodles

Sorry i'm just responding, was outta town for a few days but came back to same prob.

to answer your question:

I use an @yahoo as my username on my OBiTALK account, but my SP1 has my gmail account username and password in the fields, would that have caused any probs? i assumed that username would have no consequence.

When I created my Gmail account and GV number, my @yahoo email was attached to the account.  After getting OBi 100 setup and over a slight hiccup with verification and backing off, I was able to make phone calls but had this current prob.  The OBi unit and connected phone rings when someone calls OBi number but not when someone calls GV.  My GV number shows on others caller id when I make calls.

I have since tried to remove @yahoo from any association with Gmail account and I have also removed and re-added device and am getting same probs.