News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

not getting any calls

Started by doodles, August 31, 2012, 06:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

It is possible to have a google voice number with a @yahoo or similar google log in. But in order to use Google Chat (aka Obi) you must have a gmail account. When you select to get a gmail account you will create a @gmail user/login.

You cannot have the Google  Talk listed on your google voice forwarding phones list until you get that gmail account and complete the necessary steps to set up calling from within gmail.

The @gmail credentials will become your primary for google, and your @ yahoo will be set as secondary. At that point you can delete the secondary from your google account if you like.

If you keep the @yahoo as secondary, you can continue to use it to log into your google voice or your google account or gmail.

The Obi (and other apps that use the google chat interface) must use your primary log in credentials. This means you must log in with a @gmail credential. The exception is if you have your own domain set with google.

I think what it is going to take to fix the problem is to go through the transfer process and move the google voice account from the @yahoo to the @gmail. You can do  that here. http://support.google.com/voice/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=1378507&page=ts.cs&from=1378507&rd=2
it will be done immediately. That page doesn't ever work for me in IE, but works great in Chrome.

doodles

stupid google.....I got frustrated, totally deleted google accounts, started brand new, now everything works, long story short to anyone reading this, make sure you start gmail and GV before trying to connect and associate with OBi.  AND don't associate other email accounts too it! haha that's where my prob started...

jimates, QBZappy, thanks so much for giving me insight into problem, everything works now!!! yay!