News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Solved: (403 Forbidden - no OBP)

Started by mrjoe, September 02, 2012, 02:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrjoe

I was forced to use an Outbound Proxy (same as regular proxy 192.x.x.x:5060) for this setup as there is no Audio if I don't.

Calling through PAP2 I get:

(403 Forbidden - no OBP)

10 seconds after the call connects it hangs up and shows the above in Call History.

It has something to do with the connection between the PAP2 and the Obi110 not the SP as calls to **9 222 222 222 also produce the same results.

Anyone know what the problem is?

QBZappy

mrjoe,

Quote from: mrjoe on September 02, 2012, 02:00:13 AM
Calling through PAP2 I get:

(403 Forbidden - no OBP)

I suspect it has to do with registration between the units. I believe that the units do NOT need to be registered. Have a look at the settings for registration on both units.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mrjoe

Thanks for your response,

the Linksys is not registered and the SP1 is using voiptalk.com

QBZappy

"At least one Voice Service (SP1/SP2) must be configured for SIP.  It need not be registered with a SIP provider.  If you're not using a SIP provider, you must still set ProxyServer (127.0.0.1 is fine) and you should disable X_RegisterEnable."

You have not mention how the OBi is set up. Have you followed above mentioned setting? Especially the last part.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mrjoe

I have SP1 set up with a VoIP Company

The PAP2 is set not to Register and to make and receive calls without registering, Proxy and Outbound Proxy is 10.100.101.105:5060
User id: pap2

it is set up exactly as RonR directed besides for the addition of the Outbound Proxy due to the lack of Audio.

QBZappy

Sorry, I don't own a pap2. Someone else will need to pickup from here.

mrjoe

QBZappy,
Would you know why there was no Audio when I copied RonRs instructions exactly?

QBZappy

No audio usually means that you need to do some port forwarding on the router. If you managed to make the phone ring, then that should be the final piece of the puzzle. You probably need to port forward the RTP ports of the SPx you are using:

Service Providers
    ITSP Profile A/B
        General
        SIP
        RTP   <- This one

mrjoe

I'm not so clear what Port Forwarding is or how it works or how to set it up for that matter.

I looked where you told me and did the following:

Local Address of Obi110: 10.100.101.105 Protocol:   UDP Start Port:   16600 End Port:   16798

It didn't change anything, but is that what I was supposed to do?

QBZappy

mrjoe,

Not saying that it will fix the problem, but if you say that the phone rings and that there is no audio then port forwarding is likely the problem.

You will need to port forward that UDP port range inside your router. This site will explain how to do it.
http://portforward.com/

mrjoe

QBZappy,
Thanks for that site, I finally understand the idea.

I did some port forwarding to/from the Obi110, forwarded 5062-5063,53 & 69 to the PAP2

and lo and behold it is working perfectly now, Voice all round!
funnily enough it doesn't work unless I use an Outbound Proxy but it doesn't cut out after 10s and give me the Auth Error.

Thanks very much for the help.

QBZappy

mrjoe,

You're a happy camper today.  :)

Those look like the X_UserAgentPort numbers.