News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Weird behavior ?

Started by LuvU43v3r, September 03, 2012, 05:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvU43v3r

Hi all,

I use obitalk 110 connected to a home phone with 2 GV accounts : A and B .  In A , only google chat is checked, no other forwarding phone. In B , I add my Sprint cellphone together with google chat.

Using A and another cellphone to call number B ( while Sprint cellphone is checked/forwarded ), Sprint cellphone will ring.

Now the weird part is when I uncheck forwarding to Sprint cellphone, using another cellphone to call B , it will go to B voicemail. However , when using A to call B, Sprint cellphone still rings and even when I uncheck google chat in B  setting.

The only way to make it go to B voicemail (when A calls B) as using another cellphone is I have to delete that Sprint cellphone from B phone setting.

So, is this normal or is there a way to fix it? Thanks.

jimates

I have been doing a lot of testing of phones and services lately and I have found that most of the time when I uncheck a forwarding phone, it still rings when I call my google voice number.

Short of deleting it you can try using custom scheduling. In the advanced settings for the phone set it to "not ring on weekdays" and also "not ring on weekends".

I hate to delete a phone because when you add it back it is treated as a new phone and by default goes into EVERY group you have.

GregoryZ

I was messing around with the Forwarding Phones the other day also.

What I was finding was, that if I Un-Checked a phone from the main page of settings, that it didn't Un-Check the phone in any of the Groups.

I had to manually change each group's settings to change a forwarding phone.

Seems that, like you said Jimates, that when you Add a phone, it gets added to all groups.  But when you Un-check a phone, you have to manually change each Group where that phone was used.

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

jimates

A bug definitely exists.

The group settings should always remain the same. Unchecking the phone in the master list should take it out of the list, even though it is still referenced elsewhere. Just as setting a custom schedule in the advanced settings should take effect while the phone is still checked in the master list.