News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

having difficulty with my new obi (i'm a brand new user)

Started by NeedMoreCowbell, September 03, 2012, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedMoreCowbell

i'm having difficulty placing a call on my new obi and i don't know where to go to get help (i hope i'm in the right place).  when i activate my handset to place a call, i hear a series of 10 short dial tone segments (over approximately 3 seconds of time).  after the short intermittent tones, the dial tone becomes continuous (what you would normally expect to hear when placing a call).  at that point, when i try to dial a number, i get a 10 second period of silence followed by a fast busy signal. i hope somebody knows what's going on - cause i have no clue.  :-\ ???

Felix

Hello and welcome to the forum... The best place to ask your question is actually here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?board=16.0 Same people seem to be more patient there :)

You will need to explain more than that. First, what OBi model do you have? What ports are connected (this question is relevant if you have 110 or 202; less for 100). "New" OBi needs to be set up with provider (otherwise you won't be able to make any calls). So - what are your providers.

What other settings you set up...

My post is already longer than yours; and I don't think it's fair. Help us help you by providing as much relevant information as possible

NeedMoreCowbell

very well - i'll go there and provide a little additional detail. thanks for your input.