News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please tell me how OBI can help me!

Started by arrosen, September 04, 2012, 05:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrosen

I currently have ViaTalk and really love their "second line" option, but it is very unreliable.  Many features will stop working without notice and it is quite frustrating.

I was hoping that OBI could help me, but I'm not sure if it could, or what I need to buy.  Here is what I want to be able to do:

1. My cell (Sprint) to ring on both of my 2 home wireless phone systems.  Outbound calls will show either my cell or home phone number on Caller ID.

2. Wife's cell (also Sprint) to ring on both of my 2 home wireless phone systems.  Outbound calls will show either her cell or home phone number on Caller ID.

3. Home number (currently with Viatalk, but I am happy to port it somewhere else) to ring on both of my 2 home wireless phone systems. Outbound calls to show my home number on Caller ID.

4. If one of my phones is use, any other incoming call will ring on the other phone and will give me a call waiting "beep" on the phone that i am on with the ability to "flash" over to the new call.

5. Outbound 911 calls are routed to a reliable E911 provider.

So, can this all be done, and what do I need?  I think I need
- OBI202
- Integrate both of my Sprint cell phones with GV
- Either Leave my home phone at Via Talk or port it somewhere else (any suggestions?)

Anything else?

Thanks so much!!

jimates

You will need the Obi202. And you may want to get the blue tooth module to go with it. I think you save a little when buying the bundle.

Everything you want can be done. For simplicity with Sprint, see this thread
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=899.msg5538#msg5538

You should probably port your home number to Callcentric for ease of use and 911. $1.50 a month for 911 service, free incoming calls.
Incoming calls on your home number will come in through Callcentric. Full caller id with name is supported. Multiple sessions is supported.
Outgoing calls using one of your google voice trunks will display the respective google/sprint number. If you place outgoing calls on the Callcentric line it will display your home number. Outgoing calls on Callcentric are pay per use. They also have the North America 500 which gives you 500 minutes and 911 service for $6.95 a month.