News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

extremely SIMPLE??*%#@!& setup outboundCallRoute

Started by mtncbn, September 06, 2012, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtncbn

I am trying to set up a very straight forward obi110. 1 + 10digits goes to sp1(google voice) (2-9) + 6digits goes to li(pstn).
Phone::digitMap (1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx)
Phone::outboundCallRoute  sp1     this works fine
Phone::outboundCallRoute 1xxxxxxxxxx:sp1    this does not work
Phone::outboundCallRoute {1xxxxxxxxxx:sp1},{[2-9]xxxxxx:li} this does not work
The do not work examples give me 'there is no call route available'
just testing 1xxxxxxxxxx as I don't have a land line at setup location. I have tried giving it a 'landline' by plugging it into my obi100-- no difference.
What am I missing?? help!
Thanks, mtncbn

ianobi

Mtncbn,

Take a few steps back! I'm going to assume that everything in your Obi is back to default settings.

Leave Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute at default.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN (default)

ITSP A
DigitMap (Msp1)
(1xxxxxxxxxx)

Line Port
DigitMap (Mli) In this case Mli = Mpli
([2-9]xxxxxx|<**1>(Msp1))

When you set up google voice you may have set:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

In which case use the following:

ITSP A
DigitMap (Msp1) In this case Msp1 = Mpli
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<**8>(Mli))

Line Port
DigitMap (Mli)
([2-9]xxxxxx)

These are very prescriptive digit maps leaving no room for other numbers/formats. Some people like to leave the xx. rule in to catch any formats they have forgotten.

By leaving Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute at default the digit maps above will route as planned. Also, you retain your 911 facility, which could be important!

You do not need to dial any ** codes for the above to work, but the ** codes will still work if used.

mtncbn

ianobi, I hearby promote you to Mr. Wizard, if you weren't already at that exhalted level. Thank you very much.
Works perfect, after very strange wierdness.

I set back to defaults phone digitMap and outBoundCallRoute, set itspA and Line as shown. I might get one test call thru, then it would reboot on its own(power led would go red for a while). Then the SP1 authUserName would revert back to check, with box grayed out and blank. Password would still be set. Status showed SP1 not configured. After noticing that it was spontaineously rebooting, I did a power cycle(10 sec off). Still had the problem. Power cycled for a minute, and moved to a different outlet. Still was misbehaving. Did a full set to factory default. Entered google name and pw, itspA dm and line dm, and works wonderfully. Almost as if my disabling obitalk po'd it.

Calling from it to my GoogleVoice # is nearly instant, I was getting quite used to slow call setup and connect.

I also realize I have a whole lotta learning to do on these. I had been meaning to go back to my obi100 and do some house cleaning, but as it is my only phone, I will definately be buying a backup/spare before I start.

If you or anyone cares to field a question - it appears to me now that the outbound call route just blankets everything, and the digitMap at the termination(am I using that right) actually determines the outbound route??

Question 2(do I get 2?) in the following snippet of the default outboundCallRoute
{(<**1:>1xxxxxxxxxx|  does this match **11xxxxxxxxxx as well as 1xxxxxxxxxx and if **1 is present delete it? I understood the delete part, but was unaware that it would match if the **1 weren't there.

Answered this one myself(patting self on back)
(1 xxx xxx xxxx) is working syntax, put it in itspA and test call works fine. I had noticed this in places, and it is so much easier than counting x's!

Thanks again,
mtncbn

mtncbn

PostScript

Was looking at my primary phone obi100, noted several things:
1) took 2 to 5 seconds to move to a different page in browser
2) calls to new obi110 didn't go thru for 4seconds, can not find s4 anywhere???
   had tried to setup obi100 thru obitalk portal, but noscrip on firefox would not let it do its thing, tried obitalk with chrome, but that failed too. Finally found examples on obi and or voip.ms(bought a cricket phone hoping to port my # to google, fail. voip.ms has local #,s in my podunct little town in N Idaho, so got a # for the few people that don't have cell phones) sites and mangled it into operation.

obi100 had been on for 70 days(average power draw 1.6 watts, quite happy, I'm off grid<solar powered>)
power cycled obi100 -- navigating pages is quite snappy agin - sub 1 second. Makes me worry that it has a memory leak or some other cumulative malady.  HardwareVersion   3.4   SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2711). For the time being, plan to power cycle it once a month, or if I check browser UI and it is slowing down.

I AM JUST AMAZED AT THE SOPHISTICATION(and complexity) YOU CAN BUY FOR $40 !!!!

I'm rambling, maybe one to many, signing off.

ianobi

Thanks for the promotion - still waiting for the pointy hat to arrive  :)

Your digit map was a very simple one. Do a search for "digit map" and you can find examples that have us all banging heads on walls! Another thing to remember is that my answers are just that, others may find different ways of doing what you ask. The OBi is so very flexible there is often more than one answer that works.

QuoteIf you or anyone cares to field a question - it appears to me now that the outbound call route just blankets everything, and the digitMap at the termination(am I using that right) actually determines the outbound route??

Phone Port DigitMap decides what number formats are acceptable.
Phone Port OutBoundCallRoute decides where the numbers are sent.
From the phone if you dial **1xxxxxx, then the Phone Port digit map decides if the format is ok. If it is then Phone Port OutBoundCallRoute uses this rule to remove the **1 and send the number out on sp1:
{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1}

By knowing which line is your Primary Line, codes such as **1 can be prepended to numbers and used to redirect them. This automates the whole process and means you do not have to dial ** codes.

QuoteQuestion 2(do I get 2?) in the following snippet of the default outboundCallRoute
{(<**1:>1xxxxxxxxxx|

This should not be in the default Phone Port OutBoundCallRoute. It should be {(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1} so any number matching Msp1 will have the **1 removed and be sent out to sp1.

It's a big subject. That's probably enough for one post!

Nice cabin by the way  :)