News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit Map Help needed.

Started by GregoryZ, September 07, 2012, 09:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GregoryZ

Quote from: ianobi on September 10, 2012, 11:20:35 AM
A few notes concerning speed dials:

Trunk format is fastest as it involves no digit maps.

Trunk format is useful for putting numbers in speed dials that digit maps would reject. So only people who know that speed dial number can actually use it. (Child proofing?)

Drawback: Trunk format speed dials only work from the phone port. They do not work from Obion/Obiapp via the OBiTALK network. To work from all endpoints the **x format needs to be used.

Interesting. 

Are the same format rules used, and can you give an example?

On my OBi100, I see that TG1 is: SP1,Sp2.  The Digit Map is: (Msp1)  So what does that mean?  It seems redundant to me.  I don't have a User Defined Digit Map called sp1.

Getting WAY to advanced for my mind.  :)

I'm sticking with the working of the OBi110 thanks to the help you guys gave.  My OBi100 works for me, so I'm not worried about changing it.  I'm going with the "If it Ain't Broke......" train of mind.   8)

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

ianobi

GregoryZ,

Slight misunderstanding - happens to me a lot here  :)

Forget all about trunk groups etc.

Let us say you wish to put the number 503678xxxx in speed dial slot 3 and you wish it to go out on line port. In that slot you could put:

**8503678xxxx

In this case when you dial 3#, it is the same as dialling **8503678xxxx from the Phone Port. Phone Digit Map accepts the number, Phone OutboundCall Route removes the **8 and sends the number out on line port.

Alternatively, you could put this in speed dial slot 3:

li(503678xxxx)

In this case when you dial 3# OBi will send the number direct to the line port with no reference to Phone Port Digit Map or OutboundCallRoute.

This second example is known as trunk format as you are specifying which trunk is to be used, rather than letting OBi work it out via digit maps etc.

I hope that we all enjoy these little diversions down side roads ...  :)

GregoryZ

Is there such a thing as "Spending too much time Reading the Manual"?    ;D

Thanks for the info.  I know who to PM next time I'm needing help.  -

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202