News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring back after hanging up.

Started by fdutra, September 07, 2012, 10:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fdutra

Hi,

New here as well as to Obi, and may not get the lingo correc,,, sorry

I am using an OBI 100 connected to ISP (Comcast) router via ethernet cable with an old RadioShack 2.4 ghz phone set connected to the phone line. I also use GoogleVoice to route in calls from a second number, but that doesn't seem to be where the problem lies. When I call my mobile phone voicemail (Sprint backbone) or other  numbers from my RadioShack phone, and hang up, I receive multiple rings/callbacks from the number I just hung up from with messages still being played. After repeated tries at hanging up, I finally succeed,,, quite aggravating.

Any Thoughts?

ProfTech

This can happen quite easily if you "Bounce" the switch hook when you hang up the phone. Example: you are holding the phone in your left hand and are talking. When you get ready to hang up, you reach down with your right hand and manually depress the switch hook to hang up. You then immediately release the switch hook and hang up the phone with your left hand. The Obi sees that you briefly depressed the switch hook [the same as pressing flash] so as soon as you hang up the phone it rings you back.

If you aren't doing this, the problem probably lies in the fact that the phone isn't making a clean break internally when it hangs up. No fix except to try another phone.