News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Land line and cell as same number...Please Help!!

Started by INAMP, September 08, 2012, 01:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INAMP

I'm now on Day 2 of trying to configure everything and I'm shocked not be bald for this is causing me to pull my hair out!

My goal: To have my land line and cell (carrier is Republic Wireless who is supported by Sprint) number all the same as my land line and not pay monthly fees to the phone company.

I have used Google Voice and different porting of numbers, but I'm totally lost (and thought I was somewhat intelligent). Can you PLEASE give me insight on how to achieve my goal? You will get the satisfaction of knowing someone will be eternally grateful!

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

QBZappy

INAMP,

Welcome. You need to give us more specifics. What OBi model you have etc.. You might try using the portal for the GV setup. It seems pretty straight forward if you use the OBiTALK web portal to set up GV. It takes care of automatically configuring the unit for you. Give it a shot and then let us know the results.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

INAMP

Sorry...I have the 110. I have a feeling I'm doing too much (i.e. inputing info in both OBi and GV portals, trying to port, etc.) I now have it to where I call the GV# and my land line rings, but as stated before, that isn't what I want.

Help?!?

QBZappy

Quote from: INAMP on September 08, 2012, 02:30:57 PM
I now have it to where I call the GV# and my land line rings, but as stated before, that isn't what I want.

If you can make incoming and outgoing calls with GV, then I'm not certain what else you are expecting.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

If you have your Obi ringing when your google voice number is called then that part should be done.

To integrate your Sprint number with google voice, did you go through the process from google voice.
http://cnettv.cnet.com/set-up-google-voice-sprint/9742-1_53-50102264.html

INAMP

Maybe I'm trying to do some thing that can't be done.

I want my land line number and my cell number (Republic Wireless supported by Sprint, yet GV doesn't view it as Sprint) the same and it not be a new number. Right now, GV is ringing my land line using a new GV#.

The cell is also new, so I'm trying to avoid anyone learning a new number.

Am I trying to do the impossible?
In other words, I'd like people to use A and it ring my land line and cell.

Os310

Quote from: INAMP on September 08, 2012, 03:58:38 PM
Right now, GV is ringing my land line using a new GV#.
That means you set your Google Voice (GV) number to forward calls to your land line number. Just add another phone to your GV settings to forward calls to your cell phone number and GV will ring both, your land line and cell phones.

Quote from: INAMP on September 08, 2012, 03:58:38 PM
The cell is also new, so I'm trying to avoid anyone learning a new number.
Port your land line number to GV, so people will be able to use your old number to call GV. Keep forwarding calls to your cell in GV settings.

However, if you want to call from your cell and use your GV number, then load GV applet to your smart phone.

You may program GV as your service provider in your Obi device and connect an analog phone to it. In that case your analog phone and your cell phone will ring when people call your GV number.