News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Music On Hold doesn't work (using new MOHServiceNumber feature)

Started by litensten, September 10, 2012, 07:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

litensten

Anyone knows how to get the new MOHSeviceNumber feature to work?

My firmware ver: 3.0.0 (Build: 3397)

I did the following but Music On Hold doesn't work.
Steps:
1. setup a phone number under MOHServiceNumber
2. Make and connect a call and then press flash to put the call on hold.
3. On hold music is the default hold tone.
4. I see system starts to dial the MOHServiceNumber, and connects.
5. Music on hold is still the default hold tone. Despite the fact that the "call status" page says MOHServiceNumber is dialed and bridged.

I need the Music On Hold to switch to the sound from MOHServiceNumber when it connects. Right now it would dial the number but doesn't bridge the call properly.
Is this a firmware problem or my setting?

Please help. Thanks

GregoryZ

What device are you using?

I've not heard of a feature for MOH.  I assume it is not avail. for the OBi100 or Obi110.

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

QBZappy

litensten,

Quote from: litensten on September 10, 2012, 07:23:29 PM
Steps:
1. setup a phone number under MOHServiceNumber

What MOH number are you using? I don't know of any MOH service phone number.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

pc44

Yes, this was news to me too.  I'm extremely glad to hear of this feature.  Hopefully, Obihai will eventually add a MOH server/IP field instead of a phone number field.

Using direct SIP URI dialing, I wonder if software could be setup on a PC to answer any incoming calls with music.  That might serve as a workaround until Obihai adds the capability for a MOH server field.

pc44

CoalMinerRetired

Looking through the most recent DeviceAdmin manual, the field stated above is listed on p. 135.

Plus, there's this brief mention on p. 104: mohs: Optional. The extension number of the MOH Server, such as "69*", under X_ProxyClientConfig. Although I don't get any connection based on what this field is documented to do.

QBZappy

You want to bet that the MOH feature is going to be available only for the OBiPLUS service that they are launching soon.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

QBZappy

Ostracus

Well look at that, they released the OBiPLUS last week.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4071.0

I see that you already have seen the notice. Have you signed up yet? Any comments?

Ostracus

Signed up, but their "wizard" needs some work considering the intended audience.

QBZappy

Ostracus,

Is there a moded firmware installed on the Master OBi? I suppose that it different from the stock firmware.

QBZappy

I just signed up for the Free version of OBiPLUS. I don't fully understand it yet. It seems to generate a configuration file at the end of the wizard process. I suppose that we need to import this into the unit. It looks like this can keep you busy trying to understand it all. My first impression is that it may not be very intuitive. Even the Free version feature set looks very interesting.

litensten

What's annoying is that it seems to be working.
According to Call Status page, OBI202 successfully dial out to the preset MOH phone number and connects the call.

The problem is the audio from that call is NOT bridged to my original call on hold.
If this is not my setting error then it seemed its either a firmware issue or OBI will enable it if I got the OBIPLUS?

I've emailed OBIHAI support and they actually told me to post on the forum to ask for solution (a bit ridiculous). So it seemed they dont know too?

QBZappy

litensten,

Good I'm glad to see you here. Can you tell me what number you used?

litensten

I setup a phone number to play music (once connected) through anveo.com.

Due to the fact that I still want to re-purpose this number for future use I cannot share it here.

Interesting thing is, TransferWhenHolding feature works perfectly. So MOHServiceNumber not working is probably just a bug.

Anyone has MOHServiceNumber feature working for them?
If no one can then its a Bug for sure.
If someone can then please share your setting.

mrjoe

I'm using this and it is working great.
I just have a problem getting it to work for incoming calls.
Does anyone know if there is a setting I can change which will stop the Obi using the SP's MOH and use mine instead?

QBZappy

mrjoe,

How did you set it up? Is it using the OBiPLUS, or some other method?

mrjoe

I'm not using ObiPlus

I put a phone number in the box and it called it automatically and bridged it.
I decided to use a Sip URI instead as it speeds things up but everything works fine except the fact that the SPs seem to control the incoming calls :(

mrjoe

It seems like I'm having the same problem as you're having for incoming calls.
The call is being placed but not bridged.

MOH on outgoing calls works fine though.

Try calling Phone 2 from Phone 1 by pressing # then put yourself one hold.

mrjoe

I've had to resort to saving a Speed Dial on my phone containing "R9#R" for incoming calls.

When a call comes in to put them on hold I press this Speed Dial, it puts them on hold, dials the MOH URI (saved in speed dial 9) and Hook Flashes again, adding the music to the call.  To release the music and continue the conversation I just press the R (Recall/Flash) button again.

I suppose until Obihai get it sorted this is the best option.

mrjoe

The following is the reply I received from Obihai to my support enquiry below:

Date: 12 November 2012 08:57:34 PM GMT+02:00
To:
Subject: RE: OBi202 500xxxxxx, MOH

MOH server at the moment is for use with an OBiPLUS system, where the MOH
server is the OBiPLUS Master (an OBi202).

It might work if the MOH server is a standard SIP UA that answers
automatically and streams RTP to caller. If it works on outgoing call, it
should work on incoming call. No bugs in this regard that we know of.

Please check if your MOH server is actually sending out packets and to where
(IP address, port) in both cases. Make sure the audio codec used by your MOH
server is acceptable by your recipient in your case (the problem may be
because your incoming call uses a different codec compares to your outgoing
call).

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 9:54 AM
To: support@obihai.com
Subject: OBi202 500xxxxxx, MOH

Hi,
I'm using MOH, it is working great on outgoing calls but on incoming
calls (which is where the Service is usually required) it calls the
MOH Service number but does not bridge audio.
Please could you confirm that this is a bug in the firmware and that
it will be fixed in the next update?
This function was the mean reason I upgraded from the Obi110.