News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Music On Hold doesn't work (using new MOHServiceNumber feature)

Started by litensten, September 10, 2012, 07:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QBZappy

Quote from: mrjoe on November 12, 2012, 03:28:48 PM
The following is the reply I received from Obihai to my support enquiry below:

Date: 12 November 2012 08:57:34 PM GMT+02:00
To:
Subject: RE: OBi202 500xxxxxx, MOH

It might work if the MOH server is a standard SIP UA that answers
automatically and streams RTP to caller. If it works on outgoing call, it
should work on incoming call. No bugs in this regard that we know of.

Please check if your MOH server is actually sending out packets and to where
(IP address, port) in both cases. Make sure the audio codec used by your MOH
server is acceptable by your recipient in your case (the problem may be
because your incoming call uses a different codec compares to your outgoing
call).

The following software is both a sip "client/server", and a "peer to peer" soft phone app. It can be used as an audio/video server as well. Its main purpose is to setup conferences and stream media to any sip client. It seems like an app that may play with the OBi MOH feature. Have a look.
Homer Conferencing ( http://www.homer-conferencing.com/en/index.html )

Quote from: litensten on September 11, 2012, 01:10:24 PM
What's annoying is that it seems to be working.
According to Call Status page, OBI202 successfully dial out to the preset MOH phone number and connects the call.

I still don't understand what a preset MOH phone number is. Is this a public MOH server telephone number. Can you explain this part please?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

mrjoe

It is any Phone number or Sip Address that has Music when it answers.
Simple as that

litensten

I am on 3.0.1 (Build: 3932)
This feature still doesn't work. :(

Anybody got it working?

Lavarock7

I do not have Plus and got this to work (somewhat) on my 202.

Under physical interface for Phone 1 I unchecked both boxes and inserted    sp2(music@iptel.org)   as the number to call in the MOH SERVICE NUMBER field. I changed nothing else. This URI answers with music.

I called into my 202 from my cellphone, answered the call then placed the call on hold.

If I use the ATT single line phone from Walmart, when I press HOLD, the call was placed on hold with no music. If instead I press FLASH, music appears to the caller and on my phone I got a second dialtone.

I then hooked up my Panasonic cordless base station. I again called in and this time answered the call with my remote handset (I didn't try the base). When I placed the call on HOLD no music, but when I pressed FLASH, again I got music.

Its seems the HOLD code is not a trigger but FLASK is.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

SteveInWA

Quote from: Lavarock7 on March 09, 2015, 01:45:14 AM
I do not have Plus and got this to work (somewhat) on my 202.

Under physical interface for Phone 1 I unchecked both boxes and inserted    sp2(music@iptel.org)   as the number to call in the MOH SERVICE NUMBER field. I changed nothing else. This URI answers with music.

I called into my 202 from my cellphone, answered the call then placed the call on hold.

If I use the ATT single line phone from Walmart, when I press HOLD, the call was placed on hold with no music. If instead I press FLASH, music appears to the caller and on my phone I got a second dialtone.

I then hooked up my Panasonic cordless base station. I again called in and this time answered the call with my remote handset (I didn't try the base). When I placed the call on HOLD no music, but when I pressed FLASH, again I got music.

Its seems the HOLD code is not a trigger but FLASK is.

This makes sense, since the analog telephone's own "Hold" button is simply holding the call on the telephone instrument (muting the sound and leaving the call off-hook via low impedance on the line).   Pressing flash, or actually tapping the phone's switch hook, sends the flash command to the OBi (or to the service provider, depending on how you've configured the OBi), and that's what enables all functions that are toggled by the flash, such as MOH, 3-way calling, transfer, etc.