News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Routing call on dial pattern

Started by magicray, September 11, 2012, 09:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicray

I know this question has been beaten to death but here goes..

i have a OBI 202 and I would like to use my SIP2 line when a dial pattern matches 416xxxxxxx or 905xxxxxxx and for all other call use SIP1 which is google voice.

Now this what i have in my outboundcallroute:
{{(905xxxxxxx):sp2},{(416xxxxxxx):sp2},([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I added the {(905xxxxxxx):sp2},{(416xxxxxxx):sp2} to the beginning of the string but I think the rest of the string gets missed up because of the all the variables probably in there. 

Also the other part of the question is should I be using OBiTALK expert to make changes or the local device. Which is better?

thanks in advance.

ianobi

Magicray,

Welcome to the forum.

Digit maps is a big subject, but I will keep this first post simple and let you read other posts or ask further questions later.

Most routing changes are best done in the Service Provider Digit Maps – In this case sp2, which is found in ITSP B > General > DigitMap.

The default is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx |011xx.|xx.)

Delete that and replace with:
(905xxxxxxx|416xxxxxxx)

That's a very specific digit map, but if it suits your needs that's fine.

Leave the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute at default. You will notice that Msp2, that is digitMap for sp2, is in both of these and that's how your routing changes will be picked up and used.

QuoteAlso the other part of the question is should I be using OBiTALK expert to make changes or the local device. Which is better?

Both ways have good and bad points. Obihai recommend the portal expert pages. They work for me, but others go for directly accessing the Obi. You must use only one way not both. If you use expert pages you must uncheck both boxes to the right of the value you are changing, leave them unchecked, submit and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot.

magicray

I updated the Service Provider Digit Maps – In this case sp2, which is found in ITSP B > General > DigitMap to reflect:
from
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
to
(905xxxxxxx|416xxxxxxx)

but when dialling out, it still uses my SP1. Btw I have the obi202.

thanks

ianobi

OK, I should have asked more questions  :)

Sp1 is your PrimaryLine, so Obi is looking in that digit map and seing the xx. rule which accepts any number and so uses sp1 for the call.

So now we also need to change sp1, which is found in ITSP A > General > DigitMap.

The default is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

Insert  <**2>(Msp2) so it now looks like:

(<**2>(Msp2)|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

Obi will now look at your PrimaryLine, prepend any numbers that match Msp2 with **2 which will route the calls out on sp2. (Like if you dialled **2....)

magicray

Yup that the trick. Also thanks for the explanation.  I'm going to be opening up a new thread for Auto Attendant.