News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Straight to GV Voicemail?

Started by tpir72, September 17, 2012, 03:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpir72

Hi,
   I just installed a new Obi202 configured with two GV accounts. I use to be able to dial the new GV numbers from any phone and it would ring right through to my home wired number.
   For about a day now it automatically dumps straight to GV voicemail. I don't see any settings to change to do this.

HELP! Please.... My wife is ready to toss the Obi202 tonight because of this.

When I try to login to the Obi202 via IP in a browser it asks for a user name and password for admin@OBi202. The default admin/admin doesn't work.

Regards,

Terry

jimates

are you calling from the Obi?

Give more detailed info.

tpir72

tpir72

Dialed *79 so do not disturb is off.

What other details can I provide?

Is there an Obi support number to call?

Terry

jimates

Before when you called your google voice number the caller id was for the phone you used to call. The Obi carries the caller id of your google voice number, so if you call your google voice number from the Obi google sees it's own number and delivers the call direct to your mailbox.

You can call google voice number sp1 from sp2, or visa versa, but you can call google voice number on sp1 from sp1.

tpir72

OK, so it took a phone call to Obi support but solving it was simple.

Log into GV and make sure the check box is selected next to Google Chat under Cog(settings)/Phones/Google Chat.

It was that simple (just not easy for me to find in the docs).

Forum Mods... Maybe Make this a sticky???

Regards,

Terry

jimates

Yes, that is one of the steps in setting up google voice to forward to the Obi. But it has nothing to do with the problem you described in your OP.

You can find the setup info on the documents page
http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads.html

And there is a sticky on top of this forum
How To: Use Google Voice and OBi
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0