News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wild Card Characters for Trusted Caller Phone Numbers?

Started by BernardLA, September 12, 2012, 09:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernardLA

I would like to be able to call into a US-based Obi device from overseas using the Bobsled phone app.  The caller ID for Bobsled calls appears to be 1 617 455 40XX or  1 617 455 41XX where XX so far has ranged from 02 to 20.

Is there a way to used wild card characters in the phone numbers used for Trusted Callers so that the Obi will recognize the Bobsled calls with varying caller IDs?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

BernardLA

Thanks for tip, however using the x character in the phone number causes the Match box to be checked, I believe because new character string is taken to be an email address and the partial phone number is not recognized.

QBZappy

Quote from: BernardLA on September 15, 2012, 11:36:23 AM
Thanks for tip, however using the x character in the phone number causes the Match box to be checked, I believe because new character string is taken to be an email address and the partial phone number is not recognized.

I don't understand your explanation. Can you clarify it please. What do you mean by Match box, and what is the relation to email address?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.