News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to dial in from my forwarded phone - google voice

Started by CoreyT, September 18, 2012, 01:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreyT

So, I have an interesting problem.

I'm an IT professional so I know my way around a computer and understand the logic behind how obihai works.  But my issue is that I setup my obihai100 to work with googlevoice and I can make calls OUT just fine and my wife can call the home phone from her personal cell phone.  However when I try from my cell phone ( the one attached to the account ) It can't make the connection for some reason. 

It USED to go straight to voicemail, but I found out how to change that in the FAQ, but ever since I made that change it just says cannot connect at this time.  So obviously my next step was to change the setting back.  This didn't fix the issue, it still says that it can't make the connection, but my wife's phone can still call the google voice number just fine.

When I call from my Cell phone:
Female Voice: "We're sorry, your call did not go through.  Please try again."

CoreyT

Google voice advanced settings are as follows: ( for my forwarded cell phone)

Voicemail Access: set to NO

Ring schedule: Always ring weekdays and weekends.

Also I completely uncheck My cell phone as a forwarding phone... so Only google chat is selected as a "Forwards calls to:"

jimates

The female voice is from google. If you can't call your google voice number from your cell phone (forwarding phone or not) that is a google issue.

have you tried deleting your cell phone from the account and then attempt a call?

CoreyT

I tried, but because my cell is the only real (non-voip) number associated with the account, google won't let me.  The obvious fix to that would be to assign a different number to google voice, but I've been trying to avoid that since it requires the activation and my wife doesn't want google voice associated with her phone.

jimates

you can add her phone and check to see if you can call from it
delete your phone
add your phone back in, and check to see if things work
delete her phone

innominato

CoreyT,

I have exactly the same problem. Were you able to solve yours? If so how?

Grateful for a response,

Luca ???

JosephM

Corey,

Just curious, Have you tried making your cell a trusted caller with OBI to reach the AA and select option one to go through to the home phone?

joseph

JosephM

Corey,
Excuse my last post as you aren't even getting past google voice and i am no expert. In google voice under the call tab, do you have it set to display your google number or incoming caller ID? It does make a difference on mine when calling from the registered phone because i would think it is essentailly calling yourselfself and it is not available and you have voicemail off

JosephM

PS. Also you said you unchecked your phone but did you also uncheck it under the groups and circles tab because it appears that is what google voice uses as i unchecked mine without seeing any change until i unchecked it in each of my groups.
Joseph