News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forgot login Username to obitalk.com

Started by StigmaticSaint, September 19, 2012, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StigmaticSaint

Gurus,
I forgot my Username to login to OBITALK to which my device is added and now I cannot change any settings on the device.
If I try to add the device to the new username it asks me to reset the device to factory settings first, and I will loose all the settings which I don't even remember.
If I login through 192.168.1.2 using admin/admin it does not work and I don't remember ever changing that username/pwd.
I want to save all the current settings on my device before I do factory reset.

Please help.

Thanks much.

QBZappy

StigmaticSaint,

Quote from: StigmaticSaint on September 19, 2012, 05:39:15 PM
If I login through 192.168.1.2 using admin/admin it does not work and I don't remember ever changing that username/pwd.

Perhaps you need to go through the option 30 to enable web access, otherwise you will need to contact Obi support to reset your portal credentials. http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

Admin Guide: http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm
(Do a find in the browser for option 30)

When the device is operating in router mode (OBi202, OBi302 only), the built-in web server may be accessed from the LAN side or the WAN side. While access from the LAN side is always allowed, for security reasons, the access from the WAN side may be disabled by configuration. In fact, the WAN side access to the web server is disabled by default. You can enable this option on the device web page (from the LAN side), or by using the device configuration IVR (* * * 0 option 30) from an attached telephone.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Saving the settings before you do a factory reset will not do any good. If you want to manage your device from the Obitalk portal you can't restore the configuration from a backup. So you will have to start from where you are (after accessing your account) or start from scratch.

You can backup and restore if you manage the device from the web interface.

192.168.1.2 doesn't seem like enough numbers. I have managed many devices and there has always been more numbers. Make sure you listen carefully as the last number usually runs together with the next statement.
Example:
1 9 2 dot 1 6 8 dot 1 dot 1 0 4your dhcp .......

JoeSchmoe007

192.168.1.2 is perfectly valid IP address. Yes, a lot of consumer level routers in default configuration assign dynamic addresses above 192.168.1.100 but it doesn't have to be like that.

QBZappy

JoeSchmoe007,

I think Jim is referring to when you listen for the ip using the phone, it sometime is difficult to hear the complete ip clearly. The ip itself can be anything.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

JoeSchmoe007

Quote from: QBZappy on September 20, 2012, 03:49:49 PM
JoeSchmoe007,

I think Jim is referring to when you listen for the ip using the phone, it sometime is difficult to hear the complete ip clearly. The ip itself can be anything.
I think he means that last number should be 3 digits (which is often the case).

QBZappy

JoeSchmoe007,

Bet you a beer he thinks what I just said. Do we have a friendly wager? Let's ask him. (I'll assume you agree)

Oh Jim, can you settle this for us?  :)

JoeSchmoe007

Quote from: QBZappy on September 20, 2012, 04:46:33 PM
JoeSchmoe007,

Bet you a beer he thinks what I just said. Do we have a friendly wager? Let's ask him. (I'll assume you agree)

Oh Jim, can you settle this for us?  :)

OK, you have a bet. But no cheating (PM-ing Jim with offers to share a beer)!

jimates

I see now how what I said sounded.

As QBZappy stated, I just want to point out that the last number of the address always runs together with the "your dhcp....." part of the recording, and therefor can be easily missed.

Although my IP addresses for all my Obi's has always ended in 3 digits, I am in no way saying that is must be that way. I can understand missing the last digit in the recording, but probably not more than that.
Example:
If you heard one, perhaps there is two. If you heard two, it is possible there is actually three.

JoeSchmoe007

Quote from: jimates on September 20, 2012, 07:03:49 PM
I see now how what I said sounded.

As QBZappy stated, I just want to point out that the last number of the address always runs together with the "your dhcp....." part of the recording, and therefor can be easily missed.

Although my IP addresses for all my Obi's has always ended in 3 digits, I am in no way saying that is must be that way. I can understand missing the last digit in the recording, but probably not more than that.
Example:
If you heard one, perhaps there is two. If you heard two, it is possible there is actually three.
OK QB, you won. PM me your Paypal email and I will send you $5.

QBZappy

JoeSchmoe007,

(Feet comfortably stretched over the next chair, elbow perched on table, and listening to my favorite music, then a "swishhh" the sound of popping open a fresh bottle)  ;D

Ahhh, the first sip always tastes the best. Cheers Joe. The next round is on me.