News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

E911 and Anveo?

Started by tpir72, September 15, 2012, 08:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpir72

Hi,
  Just bought the new Obi202 and have setup two Google Voice accounts with it.
   I tried to find the cheapest E911 provider. That seems to be a company called Anveo @ $0.80 per month.
   I only want to use them for E911. Do I add them to SP3? Everything else should go through GV.
   How do I set the Anveo E911 service only in Obi202 with this scenario?

Regards,

Terry

jimates

Yes, set it up on SP3 or SP4.

when you set it up on your dashboard, select the option to "use this service for 911 calls" and Obitalk will automatically configure your call route for you so that 911 calls go out using the correct service provider.

If you haven't already set up an Anveo account I have an account I would like to sell. It has $10 balance. The street address could not be verified for 911 so the account is sitting inactive for about 3 months. You can just change everything.

tpir72

Thank you very much! I figured it out late last night.

I would gladly buy your unused account but that was the first thing I did was fund my new account right after signing up.

Regards,

Terry

JoeSchmoe007

Quote from: jimates on September 16, 2012, 03:38:26 AM

when you set it up on your dashboard, select the option to "use this service for 911 calls" and Obitalk will automatically configure your call route for you so that 911 calls go out using the correct service provider.

If you haven't already set up an Anveo account I have an account I would like to sell. It has $10 balance. The street address could not be verified for 911 so the account is sitting inactive for about 3 months. You can just change everything.
You can contact Anveo support to close your account and receive a refund (it may be partial, it is described in details in their TOS). I did.

rsriram22

E911 configuration will not work if the PHONE port's OutBoundCall Route is already customized. ie., I cleared both of the checkboxes next to this option and changed the call route and afterwards I fiddled around a bit with making SP1 the default E911  and then SP2 as default E911, the outboundcallroute for phone port did not change.

wish the obitalk portal checked it for me while making these changes and gave me a warning dialog saying that the change cannot be made as the callroute rules are now customized/changed.

have two 100s and one 110

jimates

Quote from: JoeSchmoe007 on September 20, 2012, 06:34:56 PM

You can contact Anveo support to close your account and receive a refund (it may be partial, it is described in details in their TOS). I did.
Thanks. I went to Anveo and submitted a ticket. They canceled the account and refunded the money.

jimates

Quote from: rsriram22 on September 21, 2012, 06:15:41 AM
E911 configuration will not work if the PHONE port's OutBoundCall Route is already customized. ie., I cleared both of the checkboxes next to this option and changed the call route and afterwards I fiddled around a bit with making SP1 the default E911  and then SP2 as default E911, the outboundcallroute for phone port did not change.

wish the obitalk portal checked it for me while making these changes and gave me a warning dialog saying that the change cannot be made as the callroute rules are now customized/changed.

Obitalk will only make changes if the Obitalk Settings box is checked next to the field.

When you uncheck the boxes and make changes to the field you see a red Texclamation mark next to the field. his means you are now managing the setting manually and nothing will ever change the field, except you.

Without the Obitalk Settings box checked, any changes made that relate to that field from your dashboard will not be changed.