News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbe: want to setup OBiPlus for a small business

Started by EddyArnold, September 21, 2012, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddyArnold

Hello I have been doing tech support for 10+ years and one of my friend who owns a construction company was talking to me about his phone system costing too much so I started looking around for options for him. So OBiPlus looks like a great option, but before I pull the trigger I want to make sure I'm not getting in over my head.

Here's what they have:
Local cable phone service with 3 lines (2 phone & 1 fax) that are shared in an office of 5 people and everyone has cell phones too, plus a security system too (Care Security).

so I'm pretty sure we need an OBi202, 5 spa303, a new switch because this one is almost full.

The part that I am worried about is the phone numbers & setup. What else do I need/ need to do and what are the cost associated? I've heard rambling of Callcentric or GV but this is where i get out of my comfort zone...

can someone send me to the right place to learn about this stuff or give me some next steps, I really don't want to buy $500 worth of stuff then end up not being able to set it up for them and it being a stable system.

Thanks for any help