News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming calls no answer

Started by aimo, September 22, 2012, 04:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aimo

I have been using OBiTALK 202 fine until last week. I have successfully setup 2 google voice accounts on my OBi202. The problem came up and has been bothering me. The phone calling the Obi keeps ringing on their end even though I have answered with the phone connected to the Obi. I've tested that outgoing calls from OBi are OK.
What I have tried:
Reboot my internet cable and wireless router.
Reboot (upplug and plug) my OBi box and wireless receiver.

No luck thus far. Could anyone help on this?

lk96

couple things to check out or do:

1. make sure you don't have accidently any google voice related apps running/open on your smartphone (ie Talkatone, GrooveIP). I believe that Google support only one "voip" endpoint.

2. it worth re-setting your google voice numbers: delete the Google chat entry. It will reappear once you re-login. Then go to you Google account and make a call through right from your gmail. Then try again to see if calls make it to you obi.

3. Obviously check the Obi call history to see if the call shows up but somehow the phone doesn't ring

4. At the incoming call rules (Service provider XX -> Incoming rules), verify that there is a term "ph1" or "ph2", depending on where you have connected your phone device. You can also have both ph1 and ph2 terms appear. If somehow there is no ph1 or ph2 term, the phone will never ring and the call will not be even logged in the call history.

L.