News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi to obi international call

Started by Luciana, September 22, 2012, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luciana

I have a obi 100 and I am going to buy another. How do i set-up a obi to make free calls to another obi 100 that is in the philipines? is it possible ? and if yes, what is required and how is it done?

also to note my obi 100 is used as a main and only phone at home going through GV.

hwittenb

Quote from: Luciana on September 22, 2012, 07:21:40 PM
I have a obi 100 and I am going to buy another. How do i set-up a obi to make free calls to another obi 100 that is in the philipines? is it possible ? and if yes, what is required and how is it done?
Nothing special for an international call OBi to OBi.  You call the other OBi's OBiTalk number (OBiNumber).  You can find your OBiNumber on the SystemStatus page of your OBi adapter's web page or you can log into your OBiTalk internet web page and find it.

Assuming your other OBi's OBiTalk number (OBiNumber) is 300 123 321 then you could dial the call manually with **9300123321.  Probably better would be to setup a SpeedDial for the number, say Speed dial 9 which you could setup as PP(ob300123321) or **9300123321 and you would dial it as 9#

The other OBi could call you the same way using your OBiNumber.

Of course, OBiTalk needs to be enabled on the OBi adapters.  OBiTalk is enabled by default.

ocampod

So, if I understand correctly, Obi-to-Obi calls, regardless if they are local or international, are free? Please pardon my ignorance, I'm new to Obi.

My family members in Guatemala don't have a broadband connection, but I know they can use the POTS line. Even with the POTS, can I still make free international Obi-to-Obi calls?

MurrayB

Hello and welcome

The ObiTalk Network is via the internet. The Obis would have to have a broadband internet connection to access the ObiTalk network for the free international calling.

Good Luck!