News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi AA does not recognize keypress when dialing in

Started by HMishra, September 23, 2012, 02:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMishra

Hello,

I first noticed this issue in testing a config change that I was making to my Obi202 to setup a failover outbound dialing solution between my 2 SPs i.e. GV and CC. While that config change was successful and I did achieve my intended goal, inbound dialing to my CC line using my cell phone already defined on the CoT list revealed a non-working situation I am trying to remedy.

If I call my CC line using my cell, any keypresses are not being recognized by Obi AA whereas if I call my GV line, it works. What can I do to fix this or at least start the debugging?

Thanks,
Hiranmoy
Obi 202

QBZappy

HMishra,

You may need to experiment with the following setting in the CC Service Providers Profile:
Service Providers
    ITSP Profile A/B->DTMFMethod = ???
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

HMishra

Well, I thought I already did albeit for outbound dialing!

The default value of Auto did not work, so as per some recommendation I found here on the forums, I changed it to InBand and additionally, also had to change Phone 1 Port -> Port Settings -> ChannelTxGain to 1. That seemed to do the trick for outbound calls.

I didn't think that any of that mattered for inbound calls to AA though. Apparently it does. It seems I need to keep experimenting with the selection(s). I am curious though about what is the experience of others having CC service and would appreciate if someone having CC service would chime in.

Thank you.
Obi 202

ianobi

I don't have the answer, but this is the best explanation of how OBi deals with DTMF that I have seen:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3281.msg21920#msg21920

In another post, mrjoe observes that some cell phones work calling into his OBi to aa and some do not! If you have a choice of cell phones, it might be interesting to see if a difference could be found.

HMishra

This helps, at least in pointing out other permutations and combinations. I will experiment more and let others know. It is the least I can do since this forum has helped me so much.
Obi 202

Azouz

This is a known issue with CC. It's not only with OBI202, I used to have a GOIP ATA and I had the same problem. Best way to deal with it is to switch to a different company. I'm using Anveo dot com  and Localphone dot com and they are working fine for me.
PS: I have no affiliation with the above companies.

HMishra

I suspected as much that this is specific to CC. GV is working fine in a similar situation.

Having said that, having the CC app through my cell phone alleviates the need for Obi AA for making outgoing calls which is what I intended all along. Other than this issue, I am completely satisfied with CC so far, but then, I had no complaints from Vonage either.

Actually, I did have a related question since CoT entry applies to both CC and GV if added through the Obitalk portal. How do I make AA answer my CoT incoming calls if calling GV# but have CC# ring through to attached phone?

Thanks,
Hiranmoy
Obi 202

ianobi

Hiranmoy,

You really mean "Trusted Callers" rather than "CoT"  :) As usual, RonR gives a good explanation:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3094.msg20656#msg20656

To remove the routing of incoming CC calls to aa, you will have to take charge of the InboundCallRoute. Uncheck both boxes to the right of the value, make the changes, leave the boxes unchecked, submit and wait for OBi to reboot. The OBi portal will now ignore that InboundCallRoute and you must make any changes yourself.

HMishra

Ianobi,

Yes, you are right. That is what I meant.

Of course, it works perfectly. Thanks again.
Obi 202