News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110 - Features?

Started by skyshine, October 10, 2012, 10:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyshine

Hi,

I am planning to buy Obi110, but before I do, I would like to confirm whether it fits my use:

1. I would like to keep my phone line for regular calls. Does obi110 allow call blocking feature? I saw this feature being mentioned in the forum, but I coudn't tell if it was only for VOIP services or if it also applies to the line in.

2. Call back feature: I currently have a cell plan that has free incoming. Would I be able to setup google voice, call that number, hang up without it being answered (or it would give me a busy signal), than have obi110 call me back with a dial tone?

3. Would caller ID & name still show up when inbound call arrives via regular phone line (not voip)?

4. If possible, I would like to customize the sounds on obi110, such as dial out tones, etc. Is that possible?

Thank you :P

jimates

skyshine

Quote from: jimates on October 10, 2012, 03:02:00 PM
yes
yes
yes
and yes

Thank you :)

I am assuming the instructions are on this forum!?

edit: I am not sure if custom sounds are possible in obi110. A quote from another post by flsf:
"It would be great to allow recording your own voice and different language but since the main target currently is US customer, English is good enough for now. "
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=215.msg931#msg931

Doesn't he/she mean that custom sounds are not available? If there is a way, could you please put me in the right direction?

thank you!

jimates

Without a device you can't see the options.
There are 2 ring profiles to customize. Each one has 10 different ring patterns to choose from and 10 different call waiting tones to choose from. You can customize one or both and then select which one you want each service to use.
and if you use a phone with customizable ring tones you can use that.

There are also 2 tone profiles used the same way. Tone settings available for
dial tone
ringback tone
busy tone
reorder tone
confirmation tone
holding tone
second dial tone
stutter tone
howling tone
prompt tone
call forward dial tone
conference tone
4 different sit tones
outside dial tone
r command
paging tone

You can record your own announcements for the auto attendent.

you can find all the options in the admin guide http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads.html
but getting it in understandable terms here on the forum is recommended.

MurrayB

Hi Skyshine - Welcome to the community. Spend some time reading the Admin Guide and combing through the Forum and you will be really surprised with all the clever things that you can do with the Obi and all of the help available.