News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Admin & User Passwords Reset After Unit Reboot

Started by Jenn, September 26, 2012, 11:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenn

Hello,

I have several OBi202 units and all of them will lose your custom admin and user passwords after a reboot or power-cycle. The passwords will revert to the default passwords.

Has any users experienced this bug? Is OBi aware of this bug?

This bug existed in the last several firmwares. I am now on the most current firmware (as of 2012-09-27) and still experience this bug.

My device info:
HardwareVersion   1.3
SoftwareVersion   3.0.0 (Build: 3397)

Thanks for reading.  ;)

QBZappy

See if it is not being over written by the web portal.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Jenn

Hello QBZappy and thank you for your reply.

No, it does not appear that the Web portal is overwriting the passwords.

In the Web portal, I can only see the ability to change the user password but I cannot find that option for the admin password. On the device, both the admin and user passwords are being reset to their default.

(Web Portal Section: OBi Expert Configuration > System Management > Device Admin)

QBZappy

Jenn,

Before entering the Expert section you can see this: Webpage Admin Password =  ?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Jenn

Hi QBZappy,

I overlooked the "Webpage Admin Password" box, thank you for pointing that out.

Your suggestion seems to have fixed the problem.

I should note (for anyone else) that I had to simultaneously save the same custom password on both the OBiTalk Web site and the device to get it to work.

Thanks again, QBZappy!

Cathy

I am having trouble adding device of Google Voice. It says "Backing off".
The OBiTalk site is asking me for the "admin password" to confirm. Where do I find this password in order to complete set-up?