News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot get a dial tone on Obi 110

Started by Rekon, September 27, 2012, 12:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rekon

I can get a dial tone of the telephone line, however, I cannot get a dial tone out of the TELCO LINE. I am trying to hook a the TELCO LINE to my alarm system however there is no dial tone. I spoke to tech-support and referred me to this forum. During the brief moment I spoke with tech-support they instructed me to hit the # in order to switch the dial tone to the TELCO LINE output or to press **8. This has not worked. Any suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

GregoryZ

Rekon,

Welcome to the Fourm!

If I'm reading this correctly, I can assume that you have a GV# on let's say SP1.  You're able to pick up your phone and it does give you a dail tone.

You then have a cord going into the "Line Port" of the device, but you are unable to get a Dial Tone when you press the "#" or dial **8.

Am I correct?

My question to you is; Where is the Cord comming from that supplies your TELCO service?  How is the service comming into your home and to the OBi?

Before you attempt to get your Security System up and running, lets first make sure the OBi is up.

Detach the OBi from the Telco Line.  Attach a Telephone to the same TELCO outlet.  Do you get a Dial tone then?

-G
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202

MurrayB

Hi Rekon

In a properly installed security system the incoming POTS line should go to an RJ-31X jack that connects to your security system and your phone jacks. The RJ-31X jack allows the security system to hang up any phones that are off hook and seize the line so an alarm can be transmitted to the monitoring station. Remove the connection to your phone jacks that go to the RJ-31X and replace that connection to the Line output of the Obi 110. The wires that you removed from the RJ-31X that connect to your phone jacks goes to the Phone connection on the Obi 110. This will maintain the integrity of your security system and all your phone jacks will be connected to the Obi. Be careful not to reverse the Line and the Phone connections or you will probably fry the Obi.

Good Luck!