News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forward to mutiple numbers?

Started by yhfung, March 20, 2011, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

Whenever there is a call from OBi110 Line port, is there any way to forward this call to a multiple of endpoints including GV, SP1, SP2 and other gateways at the SAME time?

The reaon why we need this feature is

When a person works in China and his family is in Hong Kong, whenever someone in Hong Kong calls his HK PSTN line, which is connected to FXO port of OBi110, he would like to make phones shown below to ring together such that he can pick up the call originating from Hong Kong wherever he is.

i) his office desk telephone
ii) his mobile phone
iii) his notebook softphone
iv) his dormitory telephone

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

obi-support2

The Call forward destination number fields only allow 1 number at present.

The Inbound Call route parameters, on the other hand, would allow you to fork the call the multiple numbers, simultaneously. The limit 4.

Some examples with SP1 InboundCallRoute:

{ph,SP1(12345678),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555)}, OR

{(33931111|3399xxxx):ph,PP(ob200123456),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555)}

This is assuming you can support at least 2 calls per SP service. Whichever number answers first will "win" and the other calls will be canceled by the OBi automatically.

---------
Note: If you include LI(some-number) in the route, however, LI will "win" most of the time since there is no easy way to tell if the call on the analog PSTN line is answered; so the device simply assumes the call is connected once it finishes dialing out the number on the PSTN line (hence it wins).

In 1.2 (currently in beta) we offer a new feature to detect if outbound call on PSTN line is connected based on tones and signal detected on the LINE. But this may require some tweaking for your local phone company. By default that feature is not enabled.
OBIHAI Support Staff

jimates

This is a great feature for people that don't want to get rid of their land line, and didn't want to use google voice because of having to give out another phone number.

Forward your incoming land line calls to up to 4 other numbers and the phone port at the same time. You don't have to deal with google's voicemail, use your own answering machine. But you will still have to deal with the voicemail for the forwarding phones.

joshhighley

With call forward, does the original number still ring, or only the number the call is forwarded to?  Is it possible to use the Inbound Call Route setup to do a simultaneous ring?

I currently have Vonage and use their simultaneous ring feature to ring my Vonage number (home phone) and my cell phone.  I'm looking at transferring my Vonage number to Vitelity, whom I don't think has simultaneous ring, but I'm trying to figure out if I can do it with my obi110 instead.

RonR

Quote from: joshhighley on March 27, 2011, 02:35:36 PM
With call forward, does the original number still ring, or only the number the call is forwarded to?  Is it possible to use the Inbound Call Route setup to do a simultaneous ring?
There are three kinds of call forwarding:

Call Forward Unconditional - The OBi phone doesn't ring

Call Forward On Busy - The OBi phone is in use

Call Forward On No Answer - The OBi phone will ring a selectable number of times before it stops and the call is forwarded

Using the InboundCallRoute, you should have simultaneous ring with:

{ph,SPx(12345678901)} - The OBi phone and the called phone should ring until one answers

joshhighley

Is there a way to relay the caller id also?  When my cell phone rings, it shows the caller id of the SPx that was used to simultaneously ring my cell.

jimates

When the call is forwarded it is actually a new call, so the caller id is for the line that places the new call.

QBZappy

joshhighley,

Hi

Did you setup CF or simultaneous ring as per RonR's example?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

joshhighley

I used inbound call routing per RonR's example:  {ph,SPx(12345678901)}

joshhighley

so just to make sure, there's no way I can do this:

If (111) 111-1111 calls my home phone (say, SP1) at (222) 222-2222.  I want my cell phone, (333) 333-3333 to ring at the same time as my home phone, and I want both to display the caller id (111) 111-1111

My understanding is that call forwarding can not simultaneously ring both my home phone and my cell phone, and that inbound call routing can not forward the caller id to my cell phone (but can ring both simultaneously).  Ugh.

Barring a obi110 solution, I'll post something in the enhancements request and then find a provider besides Vitelity that offers the simultaneous ring feature.

RonR

joshhighley,

I'm assuming you're using Google Voice on SP1.  ALL calls placed via Google Voice will show the Google Voice number at the receiving end.  This is a restriction that Google Voice imposes, not the OBi.  Even if SP1 is a VoIP provider, most don't let you set the CallerID on outbound calls.  The OBi sends the info, but the service provider ignores it.

QBZappy

joshhighley,

I was able to get Caller name pass using Voip.MS service provider, by enabling X_SpoofCallerID under
Voice Services->SP1 or 2 Service.

Using GV to forward call, I get the GV CID number as the Caller ID. The ability to send the CID name or number might be a SP related issue. Voip.MS passed the calling party Caller Name with the CID number I setup in my account with them, so I get both calling party Caller Name and my own configurable CID number on the call. I set it up this way: {ph,SPx(1514577XXXX)}

This is the CDR of Voip.ms:
Date                    CallerID                          Destination           Description
3/29/2011 16:32   "PIQXXX J" '514324XXXX'   514316XXXX   Inbound DID
3/29/2011 16:32   "PIQXXX J" '514232XXXX'   1514577XXXX   Canada - 514 Quebec

Caller calling = 514232XXXX
CF number = 1514577XXXX
CID of calling party = 514324XXXX
DID Voip.MS =514316XXXX

Summary: This is what showed on the phone as CID
Caller Name = PIQXXX J
Caller ID number = 514232XXXX   <---This is a number I configured in the Voip.MS config to show as the CID number. It is the number people call me on. I did not want people to see a number that they did not recognize. It over rides the Voip.MS DID number of  514316XXXX, which is actual number making the call. I know it is a bit confusing.

Simultaneous ring actually starts ringing after the second ring. Phone attached to OBi rings first, then all the phones ring on the second ring. This feature might be used to ring the phone at the office and another one in the home. Similar to the Wizard on the OBi portal.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

I got it to work using the info on pages 114 & 115 in the admin guide. It was a simple edit, I just had to figure out how to separate the terminals.

Voice Service > SP1 > InboundCallRoute = {ph,pp(200xxxxxx)}

Phones on Obi # 1 rings one time before the phones on Obi #2 start ringing. Caller id on Obi #2 shows as Obi #1 number/Device Display Name.

Is there a way to pass the caller id from the incoming call through to Obi #2.

original question
Possible for Simultaneous Ring on both my Obi110's?
all incoming calls on Obi #1 sp1, forked to Obi #2 via Obitalk. Default settings on Obi #2 should ring the phone port already.

I have an Obi110 with multi handset cordless phones for our main home use. Google Voice set up on sp1.
I have a 2nd Obi110 with multi handset cordless phones for my kids. 2 Goolge Voice accounts set up.

I want calls coming in on my sp1 to ring simultaneous to the kid's Obi phone port so that they will be able to answer all incoming calls on both Obis.

I could fork the calls to their GV numbers but that would also make their forwarding phones ring, which I don't want. I only want their home phones to ring, which are connected to the phone port of their Obi.

I figure forwarding the calls through Obitalk might work, as the default settings on their end would not need any changes.

Total info for config purposes

Obi #1 has 2 GV accounts but I only want to fork the calls coming in on sp1
Obi #2 has 2 GV accounts but the forked calls should ring the phone port by default.
I have a netTalk duo split and connected to both Line Ports for 911 purposes.

jimates

When I fork the call to my second Obi, is there a way to pass the caller id from the incoming call through to Obi #2, instead of it showing the Obi #1 name/number.

QBZappy

jimates,

Hi

obi-support2 mentions something about passing the CID number.

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 31, 2011, 03:01:36 PM
OBi passes both, name and number, from the original call, if X_SpoofCallerID is yes.
ITSP however might not take it, and may reject the call all together. That's why
this is option depending on your ITSP.

However, using the SP2(xyz > abc) syntax in an InboundCallRoute, it can only spoof the number; we currently don't have a syntax for spoofing a name this way.

Also, even when we spoof it, the ITSP can selectively take the name or number part as they please and present the call to the final destination.

You have more control if the "ITSP" is a PBX (like Asterisk) for example. I do not expect this option to be very useful for a general commercial ITSP.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=530.msg3242#msg3242

jimates

I had read that and tried it, made no difference.

I thought since I am forwarding an incoming call to another Obi via Obitalk service that there should be a way to do it.

jimates

Just FYI for those that read this thread. The Obitalk Service is suppose to be able to pass the caller id with firmware 1.3, coming "soon".

ccchih

Is there any settings I can do to make terminalA rings first and ring terminalB simultaneously 4 secs later?

Anyway, I took the examples obi-support2 provided and make a few test calls.
It seems that if I apply the setting of --- {ph,SP1(12345678),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555)}
When a call is coming, all the 4 terminals are ringing which is working as expected.
Apply the 2nd setting of --- {(33931111|3399xxxx):ph,PP(ob200123456),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555)}
I guess the purpose of this example is followings.
1. Ring PP(ob200123456),SP2(11112234),SP2(44445555) simultaneously for every single call.
2. AND also ring ph if the caller is making a call from 33931111 or 3399xxxx
But for my testing, it seems that:
1. If the caller is making a call from 33931111 or 3399xxxx, ph will ring. And ONLY ph is ringing.
2. For all the other callers, nothing happens! None of the terminals ring.

BTW, I am testing it with firmware 1.3.

RonR

ccchih,

The OBi does appear to be broken in this area.  Given an SP1 X_InboundCallRoute rule of:

{12341234567:ph,sp2(12347654321)}

If the call is from 12341234567, the PHONE Port rings and the call is forked to 12347654321 using SP2 as expected.

If the call is NOT from 12341234567, the incoming call is totally ignored.