News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Make OBI pass a call onto another OBI

Started by Hortoristic, August 22, 2012, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Is it possible to say take a DID on an Obi device and make it ring on another Obi?

For example:
Obi1 - SP2 - DID is called, but Obi2 - SP1 rings the phone?

QBZappy

Quote from: Hortoristic on August 22, 2012, 07:51:39 PM
Is it possible to say take a DID on an Obi device and make it ring on another Obi?

For example:
Obi1 - SP2 - DID is called, but Obi2 - SP1 rings the phone?

This might work.

Obi1 - SP2 X_InboundCallRoute = pp(obxxxxxxxxxObi2)
Obi2 - OBiTALK InboundCallRoute = pp(obxxxxxxxxxObi1):ph

Note: Set Obi1 - SP2 CID spoofing option on so that the CID will pass to the second OBi. You can have both OBis ring if you add ",ph" at the end of the first line. This way Obi2 - SP1 is still available to receive calls.

Let us know if this works out.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hortoristic

The Obi2 device (the end point that has the phone attached that I want to ring) - has information in the InboundCallRoute.  Not sure if that's my OBI Android app number or what it is but it's not the default:

{(290167246)>(xx.):SP1},{(290167246):aa},{ph}

Should I add your settings to existing or maybe just replace it?  I use GrooveIP for calling out on VOIP on cell - so I don't really use Obi app for calls.

QBZappy

Hortoristic,

Just replace it since you don't use the OBiAPP.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Hortoristic

Not sure of my syntax:

On the Obi device that has SP2 configured with the DID - let's call it RemoteOBI, and the Obi I want to ring, let's call it DestinationOBI:

So on RemoteOBI - (the value number is my DestinationOBI number)
RemoteOBI -> Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute = {pp(ob200550666)}

Then on DestinationOBI - (the value number is my RemoteOBI number)
DestinationOBI -> Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute = {pp(ob201954166),ph}

Seems to be working but Both OBI's are ringing the phone - I only want the DestinationOBI to ring.

ianobi

I think that both OBis are calling each other!

DestinationOBI -> Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute = {pp(ob201954166),ph}
Correct syntax would be {pp(ob201954166):ph}
All you really need is {ph} as you are not routing to AA etc.

Curly braces can be omitted if there is only one rule.

Hortoristic

Works perfect!  Thanks!

Just got rid of changes on DestincationOBI!

Since I don't have an OBI202, but the apartment we rent out has an OBI - I swiped their SP2 and put my UK DID on it - so now family that calls that DID, rings the main house OBI!  Thanks for your help!

I still need the SP2 in the main house for E911, and voip.ms international calling - although moving over to LocalPHone seems to have alot of advantages and near same pricing;

user17600

I was going to ask a similar question: I have a -101 and a -202.  I have a POTS line with 911 on the -101 and would like to create a rule to send a call to 911 made from the -202 to the {li} port on the -101.  I fiddle with variations on the above without success.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

U1

user17600

Follow-up to my own post: After diddling with this for a couple of weeks, I finally cracked the nut and documented my 911 process here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4257.0 if anyone is looking to accomplish something similar.