News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Limit of 10 User Definined Digit maps?

Started by larrybob, September 27, 2012, 03:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrybob

Is there any way to create more than 10 User defined Digit Maps?
Thanks Larry

larrybob

I guess 10 is the limit, I was hoping that a field in another setting window like tones could be used as a user defined digit map... but I could not get anything to work.

QBZappy

larrybob,

If you need more rules, you can always write them in long form in whatever place you are inserting the User defined digit maps. The User defined digit map is used as a placeholder to make references to them in order to avoid writing them over again and reducing typos.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

larrybob,

Re: Technical : DigitMaps and the OutboundCallRoute
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=513.msg3061#msg3061
Quote from: obi-support2 on March 28, 2011, 04:41:11 PM
Just to confirm your observation/interpretation...

1. PHONE Port - DigitMap is the first gate that processes the digits dialed from the PHONE Port. Once the digits are accepted (and properly transformed by the digitmap, if applicable), the resulting number is used to determine the route to place the call, using the OutboundCallRoute.
The Digitmap on each trunk does not come into play, unless they are explicitly referenced in PhonePort's digitmap

2. OutboundCallRoute may transform the number again based on the digit-map used in the matching routing rule. Note that OutboundCallRoute does not allow forking at present; so only 1 trunk can be selected to place the call. Again the digitmap on each trunk does not play a role here, unless they are explicitly referenced in the PhonePort's OutboundCallRoute.
(Only inboundCallRoute allows forking to up to 4 destinations)

3. If the resulting trunk from #2 is NOT a trunk group, then the number from #2 will be used to call out on that trunk. That would be the end of it.

4. If the resulting trunk from #2 is a trunk group, OBi indeed will apply each member trunk's digit map to select a usable trunk member to place the call. It's a valid point that this may not be quite consistent with the non-trunk-group case, in the sense that the digitmap on each trunk now plays a role in the trunk-selection; but it makes trunk group more useful w/o introducing new syntax.

It seems that we can squeeze out a few more User Defined digimaps indirectly by using a reference on the phone port digimap via a trunk group digimap.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Huib

If you're not using some or all of the voice gateways you can use those unused digitmaps as user defined digit maps.

larrybob

Let me explain a little about the reason for my question. I am setting up a obi box in Germany, that will also be used to call the U.S. and Brazil. I have trying to program my boxes to be as universal as possible where parameters such as local area codes in all the country's that most of the calls from a particular obi box will be going; can be changed in "User defined digit maps" instead of going into the programing of the digit maps for the AA, line and phone.
For Brazil, all calls are most cheaply routed through a Voip company, even for local calls. For the U.S. Google voice is free. For Germany , I split the calls into three groups, special such as emergency calls ( that can only be made through the PTSN Line, local calls and long distance calls.( I did this because as of now, i do not know the best way to route these different type of calls, and need to keep the categories separate.  I had already used 5 "user defined digit maps" for mapping US and Brazil numbers, and added three for Germany. This makes 8.

One of my pet peeves about trusted callers and their use through the OBI Talk web-portal, is that they work until the Inbound Call route to any of the services in changed from what OBi talk Automatically creates. I like to incorporate both automatic call back , and single stage call through to a single number in all my inbound call routes. This means I have to manually enter a list of trusted callers into the incoming call routes, and also a list of numbers that will automatically be routed to call through to a single number. For these two lists I Used 2 more "User defined Digit maps" . Which makes 10!
I think it would be great if at least a trusted caller digit map, could automatically be created from the OBi web-portal... but I do not think there is as much demand for this as I was hoping for. :)

It would be great if there were twice as many "user defined digit maps" available, which would help create cleaner programing.   For now, I am just up to my needed limit of 10. If I need more I will have to expand  a few of the "User defined digit maps" directly into the digit maps of aa, line and phone, as explained above.

Larry