News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 callcentric status offline (ObiTalk)

Started by avibp, October 05, 2012, 07:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avibp

I'm successfully sending and receiving calls using my Obi100 (obitalk) device.

My status indicators on my device's Dashboard have been reporting 'Online' (little green icon) and all has been working fine.  However, now the CallCentric has been reporting offline (little brown icon) for about a month and yet, everything is still working fine.
-->       Obi Device   xxx xxx xxx     2   [online]       
-->       CallCentric-                   1   [Offline]

Besides CallCentric (SP2), I am also using Google Voice (SP1).  I don't understand the #2 and #1 referencing numbers in the above partial representation of the devices dashboard.      

I have over the last few months went from
CallCentrics unlimited outgoing call plan
to the limited call plan
and now 'pay per call' plan with no included minutes. 

I deleted my CallCentric account on my ObiTalk device and recreated it and it still continues to work virtually flawlessly yet the status indicator still shows offline.

I wouldn't think so but, is this a result of the different plans?  If not, is this wrong, I am wrong, is anything wrong?  I don't like fixing things that aren't broken however, this thing seems to be telling me its broken but, doesn't act broken.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

bryanlyle

Callcentric is experiencing an outage due to a DDoS attack.

More info here: http://twitter.com/callcentric

avibp

Correct.

The issue that I am having is/was prior to their issue they are currently experiencing and I have been unsuccessfully searching for a cause for a few weeks.

Thanks for your response!

jimates

The offline status is explained in this thread, has nothing to do with your voip providers
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4001.0

avibp

That was a perfect link that explained it all as you said.

To re-iterate what that post said is it means nothing as long as everything works and that it is probably/maybe a connection issue with the ObiHai service which has nothing to do with the actual functioning of the device as the device does not need the obihai service as long as the other service(s) are working.

Excellent.  Perfect. I hate working on things that don't need working on.

Thanks for finding that and linking it  jimates ! ! !