News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New firmware causing dropped calls.

Started by M105, August 23, 2012, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M105

I noticed and downloaded the new firmware version a few days ago.  I wish I had not!

After months of working flawlessly my Obi110 is now dropping calls again.  Something with the new release has screwed it up.

I just downloaded the older build and installed it manually.  I also have two remote units that I update over the web for family members.  I am unable to do the manual downgrade on them.

OBI Support...please undo whatever you did that trashed the connection issue and release a fix!

pc44

Quote from: M105 on August 23, 2012, 06:09:54 PMAfter months of working flawlessly my Obi110 is now dropping calls again.

Could you please elaborate on the dropped calls?  Are they occurring at a certain time interval or after a certain time period?  I ask because I want to keep an eye out for this behavior on my OBIs.  I just updated one of my OBI100s to the latest firmware.

Thanks,
pc44

M105

They are pretty random on time.  Might talk one minute or 10.  Dropping both calls I receive and those I place.
---------
I downloaded the 1-3-0-2690 firmware and installed it but the Obi still says build 2711.  My online panel now shows the yellow triangle again so whatever I am running is not the latest 2711 build.  Problem is, the calls are still dropping.

OBI SUPPORT - Please put the 2690 firmware back online for downloading!

pc44

Thanks for the reply.  To my knowledge, 2719 is the latest firmware.  So if you have 2711, you do not have the latest.  Sadly, the Official Firmware Update Notification Thread has not been updated, and so that is why some are a bit confused here.

Thanks again for this heads up.  I am about to send an OBI off to a remote location; so the dropped call issue has my attention.

pc44

M105

Yeah, that is what I downloaded but the Obi says 2711 after installing that file.
---
You are also correct about the latest being 2719.  So I just downloaded the actual file 1-3-0-2711.fw and installed it.  I will give it a run and see if it corrects the issue.  Thanks for the heads-up!

rfc1918

I have been experiencing dropped calls with my Obi110 and GV.  The direction of the call does not matter.  At first, it was dropping the call around 10-15 minutes although it happened again today at 5 minutes.  I am 7 days into the problem.  I don't think the call is being dropped but rather one-way audio where I cannot hear anything.  I upgraded to 2719 around the same time the problem started but it sounds like that is a coincidence.  

When I tested last week, I could not keep a Obi110 + GV call up with two-way audio for longer than 15 minutes.  I signed into Google Talk via my Talkatone iPad app on wi-fi and was able to keep the call up for 15+ minutes.  Although, I believe Talkatone proxies the media so they can do transcoding for a different codec to the client.    

PS - I did a complete configuration reset to make sure there wasn't something wrong with the config.

M105

Going back to 2711 greatly improved my dropped call problems.  Wish I could undo the remote unit I updated...

Where is Obi support?  They have not even documented the new update in the forum...  Is the 100/110 now a red headed stepchild?

Steve34

I am not sure the problem is with the new firmware. It may be with Google voice itself. I too, have experienced dropped calls lately and I have two setups. My original setup uses a Linksys PAP2T with sipsorcery and Sipgate. I have lately been experiencing dropped calls using both my OBI100 and my original setup. So, the problem appears to be with Google voice unless both systems are malfunctioning simultaneously.

Obviously, this is a major problem that appears difficult to resolve. If someone has a solution or an explanation that accounts for both systems malfunctioning I would very much like to hear it.

Update: I just updated to new firmware and will see if problem solved.

M105

I installed the latest firmware as well.  I wish Obi would tell us what they are doing with the 100/110.
---
My only complaint on the obi/GV solution is the dropped call problems that seem to come and go.  Wherever the issue is originating, they need to work on improving.

M105

FWIW-Still having dropped call problems I decided to press the reset button on the bottom of the 110 with a paper clip. (hold for 30 seconds until LED turns red)  Rebuilt settings manually instead of loading my backup file.  It seems to have greatly improved if not fixed the problem.  Perhaps one of the firmware updates corrupted something...

Anyway, if anyone else is having similar dropped call problems you could bite the bullet and do a hard reset.  Worth the pain if it fixes it.