News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 and WIFI while traveling

Started by Wuwu, October 09, 2012, 11:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wuwu

Hello,

I just bought a 202 (my 6th OBI) and am curious if the wifi will connect to a shared network that appears unsecured, but requires a username and login.  For example, at many hotels or coffee shops - you need to enter a username and login before you can access the network - it IS NOT a WEP/WPA or security key - just a username/login which allows access to the internet.

That said, is it possible to use the OBI202 in this scenario?  if so, how will I enter the username / password on behalf of the OBI202 so that it can connect?

Thank you in advance!  :)

QBZappy

Wuwu,

Seem to me like you will need a smart phone or laptop to connect to the OBi202 router in order to enter the wireless credentials.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Wuwu

Obi Support just advised:

No, it is not possible to have such wifi connection.  There is no field in the OBi to do the browser authentication.

Such a bummer, because if that option were available - the device could literally be used on any wifi network that one has access to!

Hopefully OBIHAI will develop such functionality within the backend wifi browser configuration soon...