News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

apparent Obi crossover or loop problem

Started by skipro, October 10, 2012, 01:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

Obi 202
Sp3 & 4 on Line 2, both GV
SP3 default incoming
GV forwarding devices - GChat and 1 mobile phone

Last 3 weeks during some incoming calls on SP3 answered on either phone [GChat] or cell phone, after a few minutes the other device rings with the same call, but the "Caller ID" on the 2nd device shows my "Obi logon name", not the actual callers ID. If you pick up the 2nd device, both devices are connected to the call. If you hang up the 2nd device, it disconnects the call on the original device.
There appears to be a crossover. This crossover or looping must be coming from the Obi device since the Caller ID on the 2nd device is my OBi name, not the callers ID which shows correctly on the original device.

I have not noticed this on Line 1 [same setup with different GV accts] but I do not usually have that 2nd device [cell] on, therefore it would not be apparent if the problem existed on this line also.

jimates

What you describe is the exact behavior of an attended transfer. Why it is happening without you initiating it is the unknown.