News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New to Obi202

Started by waterbuffalo, October 10, 2012, 04:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterbuffalo

I just bought a obi202 for my small business.  We are a company of two so the obiplus was kind of overkill.  The question is, we have a client base tht is spread across the country (California, Colorado, Ohio, and Florida are our biggest locations- we're in South Carolina).  The idea is to open Google Voice numbers within the local areas so that we can enter the phone books and not incur long distance calls for our customers.  But, I'm running into the issue to forwarding all the GV's to our cell phones and one work phone.  We're basically a warehouse with an access point, one computer, and a printer/fax combo.  This would allow us to be mobile and reach out to all of our customers and there surrounding areas.  Any ideas on how this could be possible?

Thanks,
     The Buffalo

JosephM

Wouldn't a 800 number be best?  A lot less complicated.
Joseph

QBZappy

waterbuffal,

An alternative to an 800 number (which is a good idea), is to forward all your local GV numbers to a commercial voip service which is registered to an OBi. All your incoming calls will reach your warehouse on that Obi unit. Might be cheaper than an 800 service and give the impression of being local.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Quote from: QBZappy on October 10, 2012, 06:51:27 PM
waterbuffal,

An alternative to an 800 number (which is a good idea), is to forward all your local GV numbers to a commercial voip service which is registered to an OBi. All your incoming calls will reach your warehouse on that Obi unit. Might be cheaper than an 800 service and give the impression of being local.
Forwarding a GV number is done by listing a forwarding phone. You can only list the same forwarding phone in 2 GV accounts, so you can only forward 2 GV numbers to the same place.

You can get a voip service such as Callcentric, and get multiple DIDs to forward the GV numbers to. You can forward 2 GV numbers to each DID so the cost per month would be 1 DID per 2 GV numbers. All calls will ring the Obi with caller id with name. I think a DID is $2.95 per month

Note that GV numbers are not available in every market but perhaps a Callcenric DID would be available in those markets.

Anveo numbers can be cheaper per month, but not unlimited incoming
The number of free incoming minutes for the account depends on the subscription level:
Free plan - 40 minutes each day
Starter plan - 60 minutes each day
Professional plan - 120 minutes each day
Business plan - 150 minutes each day
Usage over the free allowance is charged at $0.015 per minute

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: jimates on October 10, 2012, 08:16:57 PM
Quote from: QBZappy on October 10, 2012, 06:51:27 PM
waterbuffal,

Forwarding a GV number is done by listing a forwarding phone. You can only list the same forwarding phone in 2 GV accounts, so you can only forward 2 GV numbers to the same place.

I wasn't aware of a limit of forwarding two GV#s to the same landline. I know the limit is one if the forward to number is a mobile, reason why -- plus workaround -- explained here: Can I have 2 different GV numbers forward to same mobile number ? Not as a primary one

Edit. I do see that two-number limitation listed here: http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115105