News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Blocked number still ringing my phone

Started by rockker, October 12, 2012, 10:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockker

Have Obi110 with CC on sp1.

Blocked a CID number (16502649575) at CC, I set up a  CC call treatment for the "disconnection" msg. However calls from that CID number coming thru. I'm assuming some form of spoofing going on?

Is there a way to block this with the Obi110?

jimates

Check your call history to see exactly how the number appears when it comes in. Maybe you need to make a small change at CC in the way the number appears.

You can put the number in the field at
Voice Service SP1 Service -> Calling Features -> X_BlockedCallers

rockker

Obi call history shows the number exactly as CC shows it.

I'll try putting the number in the X_BlockedCallers.

Thanks!

rockker

Quite possible I don't know exactly how the CC Call Treatments list works - thought I could just add CID numbers to it in any old order, that may not be the case as that number was passed to my Obi110. I might have needed to use the "normalize" button at the bottom of the CC call treatment page, that might have helped. But now I'll never know because I tried some thing a little different......

Also, on top of my naivete, there is apparently a 100 call treatment list limit, I had ~70 call treatments, most were just configured to get a "disconnected" msg.

I have since read about one way to get around that limit and possibly help with blocking certain numbers. Just to be clear this is not my idea! Sorry don't have the link of where I got this (if I find it again I will update this post). Here goes....

I created a CC phone book group called "Telemarketers", then went to the CC "Last 40 calls received" list and added what I thought was all the recent telemarketer calls to the Telemarketer phone book group. I then added one call treatment for the Telemarketer phone book group (sent them the "disconnected" msg).

I will report back in a few days about if this particular solution worked, the number in my OP was calling 3 times a day, so I should be able to report back rather quick.

EDIT (10/13/12) - CC is blocking them, they tried to call me 4 times since I made the change....no ringing here!  ;D

BTW - I undid the X_BlockedCallers change, seems I don't need it!