News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward SP1 calls via Obitalk to another Obi device.

Started by jmbrowning, October 11, 2012, 09:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmbrowning

OK, here is the situation.

• Obi110 at home connected to PSTN and GV on SP1
  • Obi100 at cabin
  • I want to be able to forward GV calls via Obitalk to Obi100, but drop ignore/drop incoming PSTN calls
  • I would like to enable call forwarding as I leave home and disable as I leave the cabin, either through Obitalk portal or with IVR.

So, how do I do it?

jimates

If you set unconditional call forwarding from the phone port all calls, including the PSTN calls, will be forwarded.

I think the only way to forward on the calls for SP1 would be to set it in the SP1 calling features. This can be from the Obi Expert Configuration or in the device itself.
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> Calling Features -> CallForwardUnconditionalNumber = pp(300xxxxxx)
that can remain all the time. Then when you want to forward you enable forwarding
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> Calling Features -> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable

Perhaps you could just fork the calls on SP! to the other obi all the time, and answer them in whichever location you are at.
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,pp(300xxxxxx)}

you could just turn the ringer off on the phone when you leave.

MurrayB

I was also going to suggest forking the calls. I have PSTN lines and two Google Voice numbers at  two locations and I fork all calls from either location to the other via the Obitalk network. I have an answering machine at one location that picks up all calls and I access it via Obitalk. Very convenient.

I also configure the units locally so I can maintain separate speed dial lists.

Good Luck!

QBZappy

Quote from: jimates on October 12, 2012, 04:18:29 AM
you could just turn the ringer off on the phone when you leave.

Deep thoughts
This reminds me of the following saying:
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

Is it also true for the OBi:
If an Obi rings in the house and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?

May not be necessary to turn off the ringer.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

If you are going to be away for an extended period you should turn off your phone ringer. If someone stands at your door and calls your number and they hear continuous ringing, they know no one is home.