News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setup and working but a couple of questions

Started by mmsax, October 15, 2012, 12:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmsax

Have comcast VOIP PSTN & Internet > OBIHAI > house phones.  Set up GV and service seems to work fine.  I call my house# now from my cellular or OBIHAI app, get OBI attendant and dial 1 to ring house phone or 2 to ring another phone - great.  Anyone else calls, they ring straight to my house phone no attendant.  Questions...
1. When making an outbound call from my house phone, my caller ID now shows up to the person I am calling as my GV# vs. my home#.  Anyway to have it show my home # instead?  Also, if someone calls back my GV# based on the caller ID, will my house phone ring?

2. When I call my house number (and press 1) and noone answers, it doesn't go to comcast voice mail anymore.  Why not and how do I fix that?  I check comcast and it still shows my voicemail active. 

jimates

1. The outgoing caller id is that of the service used to place the call. (You likely have your google voice service set as your default for outgoing calls). If you want your caller id to be that of your home phone you would need to place the call using your CDV service. You can set your CDV as default on your dashboard.

With normal set up calls coming into your google voice number would ring the phone(s) connected to the Obi's phone port. You can test this by calling your google voice number form your CDV.

2. In order to get the Obi Auto Attendant the call is answered by the Obi. Once a call is answered it can't go to Comcast voicemail. You would need an answering machine at home.

mmsax

Thanks for the response.  Can you point me to the instructions on how to set up my CDV as the default on my dashboard?

jimates

Your CDV would be the LINE. By default the line is the default. When you set up your google voice you selected "Make This the Primary Line to Call Out from" and Obitalk made it the default.

click on the gear icon to the far right of the Obi device
click on the gear icon to the right of your google voice account
click "accept" from the pop up
uncheck the box for "Make This the Primary Line to Call Out from"
click submit

Obitalk will change your settings back to the default which is the PSTN line.

mmsax

Thanks so much!  That took care of it and I appreciate your time and help.  Thanks!