News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiTalk and Google Voice passwords

Started by kevmeist, October 14, 2012, 04:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevmeist

Hopefully, this post may help others out there.

Obihai 202 had working fine.

About a week ago, after seeing some offers from Time Warner that would lower my cable bill, I told TWC to turn on the cable phone option even though I would not use it. The Obihai voice quality, service etc is superior to the TWC phone that I used prior to the Obihai.

Today, I noticed that my home phone did not ring with an incoming phone call (although the GV did ring my cell phone, i.e the call was forwarded). I then saw that I could NOT make an outgoing call via the Obihai.

I'm thinking that whatever TWC did with a cable phone messed it up even though I could not think of a reason why that would be so.

I logged on to the forums to post a question and then remembered that the gmail password was in there also. I had changed gmail passwords this morning when I could not logon to one of my gmail accounts all of a sudden (as if that account had been hacked and the password had been changed).

So, the moral of the story is that IF you change gmail passwords then you must change the Obitalk password also. I'm not sure why that should me from making an outside call or to not receive inbound calls.

kevmeist

Hmmm...weird....after the above...made 2 phone calls. Heard my cell phone go off, but NOT the phone connected to the Obihai. Now, I can't make phone calls again on the phone connected to the Obihai. Get a message "there is no service available to make your call".

Not sure what to do now.

On checking, the Obihai status said "backing off". I went to the Obihai account window and typed in the GV password in again (had not changed) and then it said "connected". Then calls on the Obihai connected phone worked again. Weird.

LeoKing

Right, if you change your GMail password, you must also update the GMail password for the GV account on the OBiTalk Dashboard.

kevmeist

But, here I am about 45 minutes later and I'm getting the same message when trying to place an outbound call and the status says "backing off". I re-entered my GV password again and I see connected again.

It's like it only holds the password for GV for a short amount of time.

LeoKing

I guess the 1st time you accidentally didn't type in the correct password.

kevmeist

Don't think so as before when the password was wrong initially, I couldn't even make an outgoing call. After I changed the password the first time, I made several calls. After I re-entered the password the 2nd time, I made an outgoing call. After each of these two times, I had an inbound call on the GV number and only my cell phone rang. Some time after each of these two events, I noticed that the Obihai only had the 2 left lights on (green).

Having entered the password for the 3rd time, I now see 4 green lights on the Obihai (which is normal I believe) and I can make calls.

LeoKing

That's strange! Just wait for 1 of the OBi guru's to explain this.