News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Long delay when dialing through LINE..connected to GSM Gateway

Started by Shashank, October 30, 2012, 01:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shashank

Instead of a traditional PSTN line, i have connected FXS port with a GSM Gateway. When i make a call using the AA, it takes ~8-10 sec to connect the call through LINE Port (8-10sec after dialing the number AND pressing # key). But if i connect a phone to the GSM Gateway directly, the call goes through almost instantly..like within 1/2 sec.

There is the same significant delay even after creating a speed dial.

I have set:
Dial Delay to 400
DialDigitOnTime to 200
DialDigitOffTime to 150

Are there any other parameters that i can alter to make the call process faster.

Also i would like to know if we can change the menu of AA? i.e. currently, it asks us to press 2 and then the number. But i want to dial the number directly as soon the AA answers, without having to press 2.

ianobi

There are quite a few variables here! I have the same set up using the Xlink GSM device.

As there are no line losses etc between the Obi and the GSM device you could try these settings, which work reliably for me:

DialDigitOnTime 80
DialDigitOffTime 80

Using option 2 from the AA requires that you dial in a number followed by the # key. The # key simply tells AA that you have entered the whole number. This means that the # does not get passed on to the Line Port DigitMap, so your call will be processed as normal with interdigit timers adding maybe another two seconds.

The GSM device will have similar digit matching rules and most can be made to send the number out with no delay if a # is appended to the number actually reaching the GSM device.
In the Obi110 Line Port DigitMap consider a rule such as:

1xxxxxxxxxx<#>S0

This means that any eleven digit number starting with 1 will have an # appended to it and be sent to line with no delay. This will need adapting to your particular Line Port DigitMap. Use Call History via the web page, or Call Status via Expert Pages while the call is in progress, to see exactly what Obi is sending out to line.

Do you really need to use the AA? Single-stage dialling would be quicker and less bother.

You can change the announcements made by the AA, but you cannot change the way it behaves. You cannot avoid pressing 2 before making a new call via AA.

rsriram22

@Shashank, what gsm gateway are you using ? I am planning on buying one as well.. i know there is the xlink option.
have two 100s and one 110

QBZappy

rsriram22,

If this works as advertised, I think this would be a simpler and cheaper solution, in order to achieve same result. Note that some posts regarding the Blue Tooth device have been underwhelming. Wish there where more users discussing their experience with the BT device.

Use Your OBi202 with OBiBT as a Cellular (GSM or CDMA/PCS) Mobile Phone Service Gateway for a SIP IP Phone
http://blog.obihai.com/2012_09_01_archive.html
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Shashank

@rsriram, I'm using SIMADO GFXD1111s.. it cost me around 6k INR...You can get cheaper one's aswell from as low as 1.5k INR!! But i chose this as it had the SMS Capabilities through COM Port.

I would not recommend using a Bluetooth Phone if you are going to install it in a remote location as bluetooth is quite unreliable (can get turned off periodically, etc).

Anyways i have quite a lot lowered the delay in making calls by setting
DialDigitOnTime 80
DialDigitOffTime 80
as indicated by ianobi..Thanks buddy!

On the similar lines, another issue is the delay in bridging the incoming LINE call to my mobile.
Setup is LINE -> SP2(GV) -> ATT Mobile. My mobile rings after 6-7 sec after the caller initiates the call..But when i call directly from GV(through gmail), call will be connected in 1-2 sec. I have set ring delay to 0 as i don't need CID. Is there anything else that i can do to lower the delay?

rsriram22

where did you buy the gateway from (just so i can get folks back in india to buy it). not much info is available on the internet about sellers out there..

thanks!

Shashank

^^Check this out..: http://www.dialsystems.in/gsm-fct-.html (Very Cheap...i'm not sure about quality/longevity).

The one i'm using is from Matrix Telecom...(these guys sell their products to corporates like Airtel, etc!)..
Check this for Matrix: http://www.matrixcomsec.com/telecomsolutions/gsm-fcts.html

Regards

rsriram22

thanks - did you buy directly from matrixcom? (they do not seem to have a 'retail' presence). otherwise, can you share the name of the vendor/contact # ?

Thanks again!

Shashank

You are right! Matrix doesn't deal with end users. But they do sell them directly to consumers like us...

You can send them a mail and they will get back to you as they have diff distributers for diff regions.

Anyways i got from this guy.. 09353097199 (Xavier). Don't forget to bargain! ;)

Cheers