News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to avoid typing voicemail passcode

Started by ObJoy, October 28, 2012, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ObJoy

Hello,

I was able to access my voicemail by dialing *98, then I was prompt to input passcode.

I was wondering if it was possible to configure obi110 so that it could input passcode on behalf of me.

Tried to use *98xxxx and *98S2xxxx, (xxxx is passcode), and some other combinations, did not work though.

Any help is appreciated!

ianobi

ObJoy,

Welcome to the forum  :)

The easiest way is to set up a speed dial using "trunk format". This means you can avoid changing DigitMaps etc.
From OBi Dashboard select Speed Dials and choose a slot.

If the voicemail is on your PSTN line then use format:
li(*98xxxx)

If the voicemail is on Service Provider 1 then use format:
sp1(*98xxxx)

This will work from the phone attached to your OBi110, but not from OBion/OBiapp etc remote from your OBi110. If you need this, then let us know more details as changes to DigitMaps etc will be needed.

ObJoy

Thanks, Ianobi,

I can configure my obi110 to dial *98 for me to access voicemail, but don't know how to let obi110 input the passcode for me, for example,
If I put sp2(*98) in speed dial, using the speed dial, I am able to connect to my voicemail, then I need to input passcode (say, xxxx) to listen to my voicemail.

But if I put sp2(*98xxxx), the call won't get thru.

My purpose is to let obi110 dial *98 to connect to my voicemail, then ***automatically*** input passcode for me. Is it possible?

ianobi

I'm not aware of any way of inserting a pause except for calls outgoing to PSTN on Line Port.

This is a feature that has been requested before, but not provided so far. Unless anyone knows differently ... ?

geva

ObJoy,

You might try looking on your ITSP portal or by contacting them to see if you can have their VM service not ask you for the password if you are calling from your phone line.

I am using VoIP.ms with an OBi110 and there is an option in the VoIP.ms setup to not require password from the SIP/IAX peer.  This way, I simply dial *98 and I'm in.

geva

Ostracus

I resolved that problem by entering the whole shebang, pauses and all into my cordless phone.

Rick

Quote from: Ostracus on November 19, 2012, 06:01:37 PM
I resolved that problem by entering the whole shebang, pauses and all into my cordless phone.

Ditto