News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 + GV: Need 10 digit dialing and 10 digit incoming

Started by django, October 18, 2012, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

django

Just installed my Obi100. Love the device. I use Google Voice My set up is not complicated at all, but I am not able to solve my problem after 3 hour of forum search.

My phone already has numbers stored in this format xxx-xxx-xxxx.

1. I want to be able to dial without prefix 1 from my directory
2. I want to be able to put xxx-xxx-xxxx in speed dial
3. I want incoming caller id to be xxx-xxx-xxxx

If I cannot resolve, I need to go back to my directory and add 1 to all my numbers. Please help.

Thanks!

django

# 1 and # 2 solved. I just cut pasted a digitmap.

I thought that should resolved # 3, it did not. Incoming caller id still shows as 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Any advice?

jimates

1 - you can dial 10 digits, the Obi will add a 1 to your input.
2 - put whatever you want IN YOUR PHONE'S speed dial. The Obi will add the 1
3 - all incoming caller id will be 1+. Some phones will allow you to format the display so that you don't see the 1 or also that you don't see the area code.

My Uniden system gives me the option whether to show the caller id as 11 or 10 digits.
In the phone system's directory, numbers that I stored from the caller id list include the 1 and the area code. Numbers I input manually never include the 1 and sometime don't include the area code. I put my area code in my phone's setup. Calls coming in with 1+10 digits still display the name from the directory even if the stored number is only 7 digits.

When you set up GV on your dashboard you had the option to select 7 digit dialing. If you select this option Obitalk puts your area code in your configuration and anytime you dial just 7 digits it adds the area code and a 1.

The Obi dials all US numbers as 11 digits. The default maps and call routes take your input 7 or 10 digit numbers and add the needed digits to make it 11 digits before it sends it out. When adding rules that include specific phone numbers they need to be in 11 digit format.

django

I had the same phone set up with Ooma. The incoming id would be xxx-xxx-xxxx. Looks like I may have to edit my directory to add +1 to all my numbers.

django

Just an update, I even added 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx number to directory and it still wouldn't pick up caller id. I think there is something else to do with may be type of ring or something. Again, same phone picked up number from Ooma calls. The same phone is now connected to GV via Obi

jimates

Did you check your phone's menu to see if there is any setting.

I have 2 different multi handset phone systems connected to my Obi. In the phone books of both systems I have some contacts with 7 digts, some with 10 digits and some with 11 digits. If the caller is in the phone book the number is shown as I have it saved for that contact. If the caller is not in my phone book then the call is displayed with 11 digits.

When the Obi first came around there was some discussion on this. Most providers deliver the caller id with 11 digits. Obi always passes the caller id exactly as received. Some phone systems have an option to enter your area code so that it displays all numbers that include that area code as 7 digit numbers (my old uniden phone system had that option, not my newer ones).