News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 GV accounts on the same port

Started by tillithz, October 22, 2012, 12:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tillithz

I've read and searched that setting up two gv accounts (two different accounts/numbers) and that the Obi110 is configured to put both incoming calls on the same phone port of the device.....

Maybe I changed something but my second gv account never rings my phone. Anyone have a suggestion of where to look and what to check? ty

jimates

When you set up the second account on your dashboard it should have defaulted to the phone port for incoming calls. Unless of course you put the numbers in your trusted callers list (not recommended).

If you have the numbers listed in your circle of trust, remove them. In the Obi Expert Configuration check the setting for
Voice Service -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
it should be ph or {ph}

tillithz

I dont have any trusted callers. I dont believe, theres nothing in "trusted callers". should my gv accounts be listed there? I seem to remember there was something there before when I first installed the device and 1 of the gv accounts. ty

EDIT:
I see my google chat email is different then my google voice primary email. might this be the issue?

EDIT:
Yep, thats what it was. ty for the help 

jimates

Quote from: tillithz on October 22, 2012, 12:42:52 PM
I dont have any trusted callers. I dont believe, theres nothing in "trusted callers". should my gv accounts be listed there? I seem to remember there was something there before when I first installed the device and 1 of the gv accounts. ty

EDIT:
I see my google chat email is different then my google voice primary email. might this be the issue?
Did you recently transfer your google voice number from another gmail account to this one? This is the only way I know to get a chat different from the current gmail.
If you did, you need to go into your new gmail account and enable calling from within gmail. If you are using a different computer than before, you will also have to install the "voice and video chat plug in". Once you enable calling from gmail a new google chat will show in your forwarding phones list. The new one is the one that will be directed to the Obi.

Having more than one chat in google voice is a nice addition as it can allow you to use the secondary chat to forward calls to smart phone apps (these will interfere with the Obi when using the same gmail address).

tillithz

no on the transferring google accounts. I just had a second line (wifes) phone number that I hadnt really thought of having ring the house obitalk device until recently. both gv accounts have multiple email address's tied to it though. after re adding the google chat email it actually added one of the other email address's on the same account... so i simply deleted that.

As for the other address's being useful for say smart phone apps, I have used google talk with the first line many times and it seemed to work well. what problems might come up? ty

jimates

Smart Phone apps such as Talkatone & GrooveIP, and also calls from within GMail, use the Google Chat feature of Gmail. They all sign into your Google account the same way the Obi does. This creates a conflict for them to work at the same time. Generally the last one to log in, or renew a log in, is the only one that works correctly.

When another application takes control of Google Chat, the Obi still has the ability to place outgoing calls using the Google account. It does not receive incoming calls for Google Chat.

QBZappy

jimates,

When using these apps, do you get anything that you might give you the feeling that it is in any way similar to the recent run of 503 errors? Are the calls working reliably?
It seems that calling using GTALK, GV is working without issues, giving the strong impression that only the OBI<=>GV  connection is flaky.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

QBZappy,

For what little I have used anything other than the Obi's phone lately, I have seen no indication of problems elsewhere.