News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

backing off message with Google Voice

Started by Mwolff, October 23, 2012, 08:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mwolff

Greetings.  I continue to have the backing off message and when using phone, "there is no service to complete your call."  I'm using the Obi100 with an ATT analog phone.

I have checked the following.

-turned off two step verification
-made sure email addresses were the same for obitalk and google voice
-unplugged and replugged obi100 and ethernet plug
-got the obi100 update

I am stumped.  any help with this would be appreciated.

jimates

On your dashboard, delete the service from your device and reconfigure it.

Novice

Hi,

I used GV with my Obi for about 2 weeks flawlessly.

Then I tried to setup fongo on the SP2, and sp1 with Google Voice changed to "backing off" - I hadn't changed any of my GV settigns, the only thing that changed on GV is I had set fongo to be my primary line, so that likely took that setting away from GV on sp1. I tried everything, removing fongo, removing GV, adding GV back, factory reset. Then my GV changed to "account not connected". Finally, i tried removing the device and adding it back, and it worked. Thanks for the tip!!.

Any ideas why this happened? I haven't tried adding fongo to sp2 again, but I'm nervous GV will stop working again.

jimates

Any ideas why this happened? I haven't tried adding fongo to sp2 again, but I'm nervous GV will stop working again.
There is only one way to know.

Lots of us have been having trouble with Callcentric. Every time I configured Callcentric my device crashed.

LeonRussell

Same problem. I found that one thing might be affecting the connection setup:   Wait more than the suggested two minutes to press F5 (refresh) after setup.

And if that doesn't work, then follow the advice already given here - remove the device and reconfigure it. It's a pain in the ass to retype a password as long as mine, what with it being rife for error since you can't see what you've actually typed, so I copy/pasted it from LastPass.  [You could type it into Notepad and c/p from there so you could see that it's correct if you don't use a password manager.]

On the fourth attempt it worked.

Thanks to jimates who made the suggestion above.