News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Nothing works

Started by Inaki02, October 22, 2012, 06:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inaki02

Nothing seems to work to link my google voice and obi.

I have 2 obi machines (one at home, one in the office). Test call works, Google configuration is done, but both units are backing off.

I will keep trying for 1 more week before I return it to Amazon

QBZappy

Inaki02,

Can you provide some details on how you set it up.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Quote from: Inaki02 on October 22, 2012, 06:34:29 AM
Nothing seems to work to link my google voice and obi.

I have 2 obi machines (one at home, one in the office). Test call works, Google configuration is done, but both units are backing off.

I will keep trying for 1 more week before I return it to Amazon

"Backing Off" is usually a log in conflict for your google voice. A you using an email address other than @gmail.com?

kevmeist

or the password is wrong. This bit me when I changed my Gmail password and forgot to change the password in the Obitalk dashboard also.

Inaki02

I just tried again.

I have tried all the things listed on the trouble shooting section.

Yes, I am using a not gmail account, but have no issues logging in from google.

Rick

Quote from: Inaki02 on October 29, 2012, 09:26:25 AM
I just tried again.

I have tried all the things listed on the trouble shooting section.

Yes, I am using a not gmail account, but have no issues logging in from google.

Whether you have issues or not logging in from Google is not relevant.  Your refusal to use a Gmail account is driving your issues.

The status indicator, "Backing off" means the OBi is not connecting to Google Voice. Check the following to fix this issue:
a. You are using 2-Step Verification. Turn-off 2-step verification by going to your Google Account Settings, select Secutity and Turn-Off 2-step verification.
b. The Google account user name that you are using for the OBi configuration is not the Primary email address in your Google Account settings. To check your Google account's Primary email address, go to Account Settings and verify the email address shown as the "Primary email" is the same email address you are using with the OBiTALK Google Voice set-up. Click Here for more.
c. Be sure to check and see if your OBi has the most up-to-date software. To check, dial ***6 from the phone connected to the OBi. The announcement will let you know if there is an update. If there is, press 1 and hang-up. Your OBi will automatically update and restart in about 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, if you are logged-in to OBiTALK and see a yellow triangle to the right of your OBi device, you may click on the yellow triangle to start the automatic update.
d. You have not yet made a call with Gmail's Call Phone feature because you do not have a Gmail account. Click on the "Gmail" or "Mail" link in the top-left corner of the GV web-page. From there, you will be prompted to create a Gmail account. This is a required step in case you don't have Gmail account associated with the GV account. After you complete the Gmail sign-up, please check the primary email on the Google Account, and enter the primary email (likely to be ...@gmail.com) to your OBi device configuration. Click Here for more. Also, remember to check the Forwards to: Google Chat option in your Google Voice Settings Phones Tab. 

Inaki02

I just changed the logging to a gmail account and now it works.

They change the setup documentation, which now indicates that you can use it logging in to your google voice account with a non gmail account. Now it says you could log in and have OBI talk work with a non gmail email address. That would have saved me hours in configuring my device....

Thanks!!