News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 - Call termination, reboot, registration

Started by VANJ, October 25, 2012, 06:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VANJ

I have been using the OBi100 with Callcentric (SP1) and Call With Us (SP2) for a couple of months with no issues. Flawless call quality.

All of a sudden, yesterday, I noticed many strange things

1. Dialing a 11-digit US number (or 10-digit, the default digit map adds the 1 prefix), just sits there, the call doesn't get connected. When I press # to force it, the call gets connected.

2. After about 60-120 seconds, the call gets terminated, dead air.

3. When I make configuration changes using the Obi100 web interface and click the Reboot button, it doesn't reboot, it still shows me the Reboot Required message at the top right of the page. I have to physically unplug the device to get it to reboot.

4. On the System Status page, the SP1 and SP2 registration status says "Registered (xx.xx.xx.xx); expires in 0s". And it stays there after a couple of refreshes. Normally, the "expires in" counter counts down to 0 , it gets a new SIP registration and it starts up again at 120 seconds or so. Why would it stay at 0?

All these things were working just fine for many weeks. I am baffled as to why things are suddenly falling apart.

Any ideas? Thanks

ProfTech

I have a 110 [same firmware] that started doing similar things around 17:30 CDT yesterday. Are you running 2744 firmware? If you have X_ProxyServerRedundancy checked, change it back to it's default setting [unchecked]. Also, for best performance you may want to try setting X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix to Checked if it isn't already checked. If you are using the portal you must clear both of the boxes to the right FIRST. Then you can set the two aforementioned fields to whatever you like.

VANJ

I think I am running 2744, at work now, got to check. I do not use the ObiTALK cloud provisioning, prefer to use the local device config

Basically, I followed the Callcentric recommendations since they started having the DDoS attacks, things were smooth, incoming was sometimes affected but outgoing (SP2) used Call With Us so I was ok. Since I started getting outbound calling problems last night, I was confused, SP1 and SP2 are independent providers so the Callcentric SP1 woes shouldn't really affect Call With Us SP2. Still, just to rule it out, I followed CC instructions and power cycled all devices (router, cable modem, Obi100) and used the DNS servers CC recommended along with their settings (callcentric.com for all the server names).

I will try playing with the X_ProxyServerRedundancy and  X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix  like you suggested.

Still not sure what's going wrong here? Why would Call With Us on SP2 outbound calls be affected by Callcentric woes? The only change I did that would affect SP2 is I used the DNS servers CC recommended, surely that shouldn't matter? Any ideas?

Thanks

ProfTech

Callcentric is SP1 on mine. SP2 is Google voice but I don't use it for anything. I can't prove it but it would make sense the only way your Callcentric settings would affect the other provider is if the Obi is randomly crashing, as mine was. Turning redundancy Off stopped it from crashing and the audio sounds great this morning, at least for Outbound. I made several inbound calls with my cellphone and they sounded Ok too.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: VANJ on October 25, 2012, 07:35:05 AM
... Any ideas?
I'll jump in here. I have a 202, not an Obi100. I clearly observed CC issues on SP2 affecting calls on SP1.  In my case CC on SP2 uses ph -- same as SP1 -- for X_InboundCallRoute, so there is a  common touch point between the two.  And I'll add something more mysterious, even when CC on SP2 and SP4 (Obi202) disabled via the first parameter under Voice Services, I was still seeing some odd behavior, although less frequently than when enabled.