News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dropped Calls

Started by lightspeed, October 24, 2012, 08:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightspeed

My calls have been disconnecting - dropping within about a minute of connecting. I have four lights on my obi 110 and the first and third from the left are on (solid green) while the second light from the left blinks intermittent green - pretty intermittently. The fourth light from the left is off. Once, a little while ago, the lights turned red (as if the connection dropped out) and then about a minute later it seemed to go back on. I have re-booted my internet router but I don't know yet whether that will have any effect. This unreliability is causing me to lose alot of calls. Any ideas? -

Also. my primary line is google voice and my secondary line is callcentric, which in the last ten days or so was hit by some major denial of service attacks and they seem to be still recovering from that. Could the callcentric issues be affecting my obi service and if so how do I resolve them?

jimates

A lot of users have been experiencing very heavy rebooting of the Obi when CC is configured on it. If the Obi reboots you will get a dropped call. Immediately after it drops a call you can check the status and see what the up time is for the device.

Check your Status -> Product Information -> Up Time
Before I removed CC I could see mine reboot every 3 minutes.

ProfTech

See my post at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4430.0

Turning off ProxyServerRedundancy stopped my Obi from crashing immediately.

Be sure both X_ProxyServerRedundancy and X_SecondaryRegistration have Default checked.

My tests showed that it didn't matter if I used callcentric.com or srv.callcentric.com for the Proxy as long as whatever servers you are using send the "abbreviated" list of servers. Just be sure X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix is checked to get the benefit of their new server setup. Until [and If] Obi decides to make the DNS change for TCP that has been requested, it seems redundant Servers won't work.

CoalMinerRetired

ProfTech, with the above configuration, I understand you are seeing no random reboots. And no other unusual behavior (delay in getting dial tone, etc.)?

Can you clarify if you are successfully using CC services for actual, real calls, inbound only? Outbound? Both in and out?  

EDIT: I sort of answered my own question here. After doing the config mentioned, I enabled two CC voice services, and the first time I pickup the handset there's seven or eight seconds delay until I hear dialtone. So back to disabling CC services, have been burned a few times so far and can no longer risk dropped or missed calls during the workday.

ProfTech

It has been running clean for about 12 hours. Unfortunately I wasn't running syslog before yesterday so it is possible there were reboots before yesterday that I never knew about. I have made a number of test calls, both in and out and the quality seems to be as good as or better than before this all started. Anyway, I didn't want Callcentric to take a hit for what may be an Obi issue. I've been running redundancy almost every since I got the Obi but it smells like either (a) The issue with "Bloated" DNS responses causes a problem with redundancy for the Obi or (b) something broke in 2744. Either way turning off redundancy looks good. I opened a ticket with Obi. One important thing I did find was that due to the way the 110 does DNS lookups, X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix must be checked in order to get the benefit of the "New" setup that CC is running. I couldn't detect any difference whether I used callcentric.com or srv.callcentric.com as the proxy, just as Callcentric stated in their posts. I don't own a 202 but from the posts, this may be an issue for it also???

ProfTech

Sounds like you are running a 202? Can you determine if it rebooted immediately before you picked up the handset? If it did not, the issue could be tied to the new switch in the 202 that says "Must be registered to make a call" - can't remember the name. The 110 doesn't have that so it always gives dial tone. I also seem to remember something about another setting in the 202 - something like "Different tone when not registered". I am only speculating but if I owned a 202 I think I would make sure that:
1. "Must be registered to make a call" is off
2. X_ProxyServerRedundancy is off
3. X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix is on
I'm not sure about the "Different Tone" setting. It may be a "Don't care" setting

Good luck.

jimates

after removing CC from my configuration my Obi stayed up for almost 24 hours. Today after reading ProfTech's post I added CC back in. My Obi202 immediately went dead. I had a heck of a time getting it to reset and even then I had nothing.

I put an Obi110 in service, without CC, and will check out the 202 later.

jxzz

My Obi100 was having dropped call a lot tonight on GV.  I suspect line 2 callcentric was the problem.