News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How come the portal does not let me make any edits in expert mode

Started by damian_ny, October 27, 2012, 11:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

damian_ny

I'm a bit confused on why the Obi portal will not allow any edits to my configs in expert mode. What did I miss?
I have googlevoice configure and working, would like to try and use SP2 to try and bridge/proxy my googlevoice to a IP phone(yealink) that is an endpoint for VOIP service as well. It seems Proxy needs to be done in expert mode.  No issues configuring NOT  in expert mode.

I have a Obi202 by the way.
Thanks!

jimates

From the portal there is only the dashboard and expert mode. Adding a device, or adding a service to a device on the dashboard really has nothing to do with a workable configuration. When you add a service from the dashboard Obitalk set the service up using the service's recommended settings. The configuration remains at default.

If you make configuration changes in expert mode and they are not transferred to the device, it would be due to the provisioning settings. If provisioning has been disabled on the device then you will have to go back to the device and enable it again before any changes made in expert mode will take affect.